- 1936 - Edward VIII abdicated the British throne to marry his divorced American mistress, Wallis Simpson. He was succeeded by his younger brother, George VI. (PROSE: Players, AUDIO: Neverland)
- 1981 - Lavinia Smith phoned her ward Brendan Richards to tell him that he would be spending Christmas in Moreton Harwood with her niece Sarah Jane Smith. Brendan waited for Sarah to pick him up at Wellington College for over a week, unaware that she was out of the country. (TV: A Girl's Best Friend)
- 1983 - The Seventh Doctor, Benny, Jason Kane, Roz, and Chris arrived in Little Caldwell, England. (PROSE: Return of the Living Dad)
Behind the scenes Edit
- 1909 - Actor Sylvia Coleridge was born.
- 1926 - Actor Harry Fowler was born.
- 1927 - Writer Anthony Coburn, who wrote the very first Doctor Who television story, was born.
- 1933 - Actor Tony Lambden was born.
- 1936 - TV Century 21 founder Alan Fennell was born.
- 1937 - Actor Keith James was born.
- 1949 - Actor Martyn Whitby was born.
- 1960 - Actor Keith Jayne was born.
- 1966 - Episode six of The Power of the Daleks was first broadcast on BBC1.
- 1977 - Part three of The Sun Makers was first broadcast on BBC1.
- 2001 - TV Century 21 founder Alan Fennell died on his 65th birthday.
- 2006 - Random Shoes was first broadcast on BBC Three.
- 2007 - Issue fifty-nine of Doctor Who: Battles in Time, including comic story The Living Ghosts, was first released by GE Fabbri Ltd.