On 15 June, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1969 - Script editor Terrance Dicks commissioned a serial named The Monster — later known as Doctor Who and the Silurians — from Malcolm Hulke.
- 2005 - After The Runaway Bride was pushed back to become the Christmas special, Russell commissioned himself Queen Victoria, based on an earlier treatment to fill the gap. The script, eventually becoming Tooth and Claw, was written hastily to allow for pre-production in late July. (DWMSE 14)
- 2009 - Recording for Castle of Fear took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2014 - Recording for The Worlds of Big Finish took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2015 - Recording for The Fourth Wall took place at The Moat Studios.