On 17 March, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 2003 - Recording for Flip-Flop took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2006 - Rewrites known as "Yellow amendments" for The Impossible Planet and "Blue Amendments" for The Satan Pit were made. Most of Planet was subject to such amendments, with the only unchanged elements, including the arrival of the TARDIS, the first appearance of the Ood, the Tenth Doctor realising Storage Six had vanished, Toby Zed seeing the strange marks on his face, and some of the 27 February revisions, while Pit's revisions covered Danny Bartock and Rose Tyler figuring out how to knock out the Ood. (DWMSE 14)
- 2008 - Russell T Davies completed his script for The Next Doctor.
- 2008 - Recording for The Death Collectors took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2010 - On his official website, Tom Baker indicated that he was in discussions with Big Finish Productions about possibly recording an audio drama. It was later confirmed that he would be a regular almost exactly a year later.
- 2010 - Recording for Graceless I took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2011 - Recording for Recorded Time and Other Stories took place.