On 18 July, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1995 - Writer Matthew Jacobs submitted his first full script for the 1996 TV movie, based on his 27 June planned storyline. At this point, the script resembled the final product very closely. Jack became Chang Lee, the Master's host body was named Bruce and Kelly Grace was renamed Grace Wilson. The Eye of Harmony was introduced into the plot, and was at this point used by the Master as a link to the dead. In the end, the four travel through the Eye to the dimension of the dead, and the Doctor saves Grace and Chang Lee by conjuring his dead mother's ghost. The Master is destroyed and the Doctor leaves in his TARDIS, alone. After receiving input, Jacobs submitted his next draft on 18 August.
- 1999 - Recording took place for Whispers of Terror at The Nu Groove Studios.
- 2004 - Filming began in Cardiff for Rose, the first episode of the BBC Wales version of Doctor Who.
- 2005 - Rehearsals for Block One of Doctor Who series 2 began. (DWMSE 14)
- 2006 - Recording for Summer of Love took place.
- 2007 - Recording for Dalek Empire IV: The Fearless took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2011 - Recording for The Auntie Matter took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2012 - Recording for The King of Sontar took place at The Moat Studios.