On 18 October, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1963 - Studio filming for the very first Doctor Who episode took place at Lime Grove Studio D.
- 1963 - Verity Lambert decided that designer Peter Brachacki was unsuitable for Doctor Who, and demanded a replacement. Barry Newbery and Raymond Cusick were considered, and got to work. Newbery's plans, however, were too costly for Donald Baverstock, who sent a memo to Donald Wilson in complaint.
- 1963 - Director Christopher Barry received the first attempts at the Dalek voices from J. N. Shearme. Two different approaches arrived through Barry's letterbox: one using computer synthesis and the other using a vocoder. Barry indicated he was particularly interested in the vocoder approach, but no final decision was taken on this day.
- 2012 - Recording for Ghost in the Machine took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2017 - Recording for Landbound took place at Ladbroke Audio.