|Timeline for 1951|
1945 • 1946 • 1947 • 1948 • 1949 • 1950 • 1952 • 1953 • 1954 • 1955 • 1956 • 1957
On 18 August, Sarah Jane's parents, Eddie and Barbara Smith, died in a car accident outside of the village of Foxgrove. Sarah Jane was subsequently raised by Eddie's sister Lavinia Smith. (TV: The Temptation of Sarah Jane Smith)
- The First Doctor, Ian Chesterton and Barbara Wright moved a replica of the Stone of Scone to Arbroath Abbey, where it was accidentally broken in two. (PROSE: Set in Stone)
- Before 25 May - The Seventh Doctor and Ace attended the Festival of Britain. (PROSE: Timewyrm: Exodus)
- The Eighth Doctor also passed through the Festival at the same time. He briefly saw his past self and his former companion but did not recognise either of them. (PROSE: Endgame)
Unknown dates Edit
- The first radio telescope was invented. (TV: Pyramids of Mars)
- Mrs Randall was given a prize as "Miss Ealing". (TV: Eye of the Gorgon)
- The local people of Lapperton on the Dorset Coast found the face of a large creature stuck inside the cliff. The Eleventh Doctor identified the creature as a Demigod. It broke free in search of its other half. For the first time in a while, it went away. (COMIC: The Cliff Face)
- John Grainger was born in London to Edward and Eleanor Grainger. (PROSE: Incongruous Details)
Behind the scenes Edit
- 13 - Actor Peter Davison was born Peter Moffett at Streatham, London.
- 20 - Actress Louise Jameson was born at Wanstead, London.
- 4 - Actor David Yip was born.
- 24 - Actor David Rodigan was born.
- 24 - Actor Simon Rouse was born.
- 28 - Actress Lalla Ward was born Lady Sarah Ward, daughter of Lord Bangor, in London.
- 13 - Photographer Joseph Lederer was born.
- 17 - Visual effects designer Dave Chapman was born.
- 20 - Actor Jeff Rawle was born.