Sonic screwdrivers can't create pages instantly.
This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 1990|
1984 • 1985 • 1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1991 • 1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996
In 1990, a number of things set in or relevant to the Doctor Who universe were released or published.
- January - An Unearthly Child was first released on BBC Video in the UK.
- 18 January - Doctor Who - Planet of Giants was first published. With this release, all serials of the First Doctor era were now novelised.
- Target Books began republishing selected novelisations with new cover designs by Alister Pearson. Other than the covers, these reprints were identical to earlier editions. A number of the reprints were issued to coincide with BBC Video releases (which often used the same cover art) and rebroadcasts. The reissues were also in most cases retitled from their original publication, either with the "Doctor Who and the ..." title format being dropped, or the book's title being changed to reflect the original broadcast title. The first two novelisations republished in the new format were Doctor Who - The War Games and Doctor Who - An Unearthly Child.
- 15 February - Doctor Who - The Happiness Patrol was first published.
- 15 March - Doctor Who - The Space Pirates was first published. It was the final Target Books novelisation by Terrance Dicks.
- 27 April - Abslom Daak - Dalek Killer graphic novel was first published by Marvel Comics.
- 21 June - Doctor Who - Remembrance of the Daleks was first published.
- Pertwee in Person: Jon Pertwee Talks with David Banks was released on cassette by Silver Fist Productions.
- 12 July - WHYY aired An Unearthly Child as the final PBS Doctor Who broadcast.
- 19 July - Doctor Who - Mission to Magnus was first published.
- 20 September - Doctor Who - Ghost Light was first published.
- 20 September - The paperback edition of REF: Doctor Who: Cybermen was published; the new edition was expanded from the 1988 original.
- 18 October - Doctor Who - Survival was first published, adapting the final serial of the original 1963-89 series.
- 24 October - Christopher Eccleston made his TV acting debut in the TV movie Blood Rights.
- 25 October - REF: Encyclopedia of The Worlds of Doctor Who: L-R was first published. The series was abandoned after this release, and no paperback of this volume was issued.
- 15 December - Doctor Who - The Curse of Fenric was first published.
- 21 November - Search Out Space, an episode of Search Out Science in which Sylvester McCoy and Sophie Aldred appeared as the Seventh Doctor and Ace and John Leeson provided the voice of K9 Mark II, debuted on BBC1. Not generally considered part of continuity, this was McCoy and Aldred's last official appearances as the Doctor and Ace until NOTVALID: Dimensions in Time in 1993.
- Unknown - An Unearthly Child was published in Germany under the title Doctor Who und das Kind von den Sternen.
- Unknown - A BBC Video advert was released.