Sonic screwdrivers can't create pages instantly.
This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 1992|
1986 • 1987 • 1988 • 1989 • 1990 • 1991 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998
In 1992, a number of things set in or relevant to the Doctor Who universe were released or published.
- January - An Unearthly Child was released in the US on VHS.
- 16 January - PROSE: Doctor Who - The Daleks, formerly titled Doctor Who and the Daleks, was reissued by Target Books with a new cover.
- 23 January - PROSE: Doctor Who - The Nightmare Fair was reissued by Target. It was the only volume of the "Missing Adventures" line to be republished by Target.
- 20 February - PROSE: Cat's Cradle: Time's Crucible was first published, launching the second Virgin New Adventures story arc, a trilogy this time.
- 16 April - PROSE: Cat's Cradle: Warhead was first published.
- 6 June - BBC Audio, taking advantage of the fact that audio recordings existed for the many Doctor Who episodes of the 1960s that had been destroyed, began issuing soundtrack recordings for these missing stories in "audio book" format on cassette. The first two to be released were The Evil of the Daleks and The Macra Terror. Similar releases didn't occur again for another year.
- 18 June - PROSE: Cat's Cradle: Witch Mark was first published, ending the Cat's Cradle trilogy. Although Virgin continued the idea of multi-book story arcs, this was the last time an overall arc title was used for each book.
- August - 1992 Doctor Who Holiday Special was published.
- 20 August - PROSE: Nightshade was first published. This was the first standalone New Adventures novel, and featured a character inspired by both the Doctor and Bernard Quatermass.
- 27 August - Doctor Who Yearbook 1993 was published.
- 27 August - The Masters of Luxor script book was released by Titan Books.
- 11 September - REF: Doctor Who: The Monsters was first published by Virgin Publishing.
- 14 September - Summer Scene special was first broadcast on BBC One.
- 24 September - After a hiatus of nearly two years, Titan Books revived its Doctor Who: The Scripts line with the first-ever publication of the script for the never-produced First Doctor serial, The Masters of Luxor.
- October - Dalek Attack was first published.
- 10 October - REF: Doctor Who: The Sixties was first published, the first book in a trilogy looking at the different eras of the series.
- 15 October - PROSE: Love and War was first published.
- November - Doctor Who Magazine Winter Special 1992 was published.
- 5 November - The Doctor Who: The Scripts release of The Dæmons was first published.
- 19 November - REF: The Universal Databank was first published.
- 3 December - PROSE: Transit was first published, introducing the recurring character of Kadiatu Lethbridge-Stewart.
- 4 December - REF: Doctor Who - The Handbook: The Fourth Doctor was first published by Virgin Publishing. It was the first in a series of detailed profiles of each era of the series. The books covered each of the Doctors to date, with the final book published in 1998.
- 9 December - DWCC 1 was first published by Marvel Comics.