Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Sonic screwdrivers can't create pages instantly.
This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 1998|
1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004
1998 was a year in which a number of events important to the production of Doctor Who and its spin-offs occurred.
- 29 March - BBC America, a US-based cable network with an arms-length relationship to the main BBC, was launched. It aired classic Doctor Who and Torchwood. Beginning in 2009, it became the main US broadcaster of the Doctor Who revival series.
- 27 April - The Metropolitan Police District in London filed an official opposition to the BBC's 1996 trademark application for the police box design.
- 25 June - Recording for Oh No It Isn't! — the very first Big Finish audio story — began.
- 10 August - The British Broadcasting Corporation filed its reply to the Metropolitan Police's opposition to its application to trademark the police box design.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In the matter of application no. 2104259 by the British Broadcasting Corporation to register a series of three marks in classes 9, 16, 25 and 41 and in the matter of opposition thereto under no. 48452 by the Metropolitan Police Authority (PDF). Intellectual Property Office - Trade marks. UK Patent Office (2002). Retrieved on 28th August 2011.
- ↑ Technical Details of Oh No It Isn't!