Sonic screwdrivers can't create pages instantly.
This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 1998|
1992 • 1993 • 1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1999 • 2000 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004
1998 was a year in which a number of events important to the production of Doctor Who and its spin-offs occurred.
- 29 March - BBC America, a US-based cable network with an arms-length relationship to the main BBC, was launched. It aired classic Doctor Who and Torchwood. Beginning in 2009, it became the main US broadcaster of the Doctor Who revival series.
- 27 April - The Metropolitan Police District in London filed an official opposition to the BBC's 1996 trademark application for the police box design.
- 25 and 26 June - Recording for Oh No It Isn't!—the very first Big Finish audio story—took place at Intergalactic Arts.
- 6 and 7 August - Recording for Big Finish's Beyond the Sun took place at Crosstown Studios.
- 10 August - The British Broadcasting Corporation filed its reply to the Metropolitan Police's opposition to its application to trademark the police box design.
- 5 and 6 November - Recording for Big Finish's Walking to Babylon and Birthright took place at Crosstown Studios.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 In the matter of application no. 2104259 by the British Broadcasting Corporation to register a series of three marks in classes 9, 16, 25 and 41 and in the matter of opposition thereto under no. 48452 by the Metropolitan Police Authority (PDF). Intellectual Property Office - Trade marks. UK Patent Office (2002). Retrieved on 28th August 2011.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 The Big Finish Companion: Volume 1