|Timeline for 2000|
1994 • 1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2001 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006
- 1 January - The Eighth Doctor departed San Francisco, California after preventing the Master from destroying the planet at the start of the year. Grace Holloway declined an invitation to travel with him. (TV: Doctor Who)
- 10 February - Henry Louis Noone was born in St. Stephen's Hospital in London. (AUDIO: A Death in the Family)
- The Fourth Doctor and Romana II visited Paris (COMIC: The Forgotten), much to Romana's chagrin as they had only just visited the city, albeit twenty-one years earlier. (TV: City of Death)
- 25 December - 360 days prior to this date, the Eighth Doctor warned Chang Lee not to be in San Francisco for Christmas 2000, suggesting knowledge of an unknown incident that would take place in San Francisco at this time. The Doctor recommended Chang Lee to "take a vacation" on this date, but it's not known if Chang followed his advice. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Hourly Telepress published adventures of the Karkus. (TV: The Mind Robber, PROSE: The Wheel of Ice)
- Some time after the departure of the Eighth Doctor, Grace Holloway discovered residue left over from her encounter with the Master. Seeking to develop a human/Time Lord hybrid capable of regeneration, she began working for a genetics lab; later she learned she was actually working for a branch of MI6. (COMIC: The Glorious Dead)
- Chloe Webber was born to Trish Webber and Chloe's father. (TV: Fear Her)
- Sally Morgan was born. (AUDIO: Project: Nirvana)
Behind the scenes
- References in the Doctor Who universe tend to indicate the year 2000 was the start of the millennium, rather than 2001, the technical start of that millennium.
- PROSE: Doctor Who and the Tenth Planet directly contradicts TV: The Tenth Planet, the television story the novelisation is adapted from. The 1976 novelisation considers the First Doctor's regeneration having taken place in 2000, rather the 1986 placement the 1966 television story gave.