Sonic screwdrivers can't create pages instantly.
This article about a year is currently under construction. It's likely to be a bit messy.
|Timeline for 2001|
1995 • 1996 • 1997 • 1998 • 1999 • 2000 • 2002 • 2003 • 2004 • 2005 • 2006 • 2007
2001 was a year in which a number of events important to the production of Doctor Who and its spin-offs occurred.
- 15 January - Wikipedia, a free-content online encyclopaedia, was launched, and within a few years became a dominant source for online information, eventually leading to the creation of the Wikia websites which borrowed Wikipedia's format - one of which was the Tardis Wikia, launched in 2005. By the autumn of 2001, articles on the Doctor Who franchise begin to appear on Wikipedia. Although not officially recognised as an influence by its founders, the concept of Wikipedia was often compared to that of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, the repository of all knowledge which was conceived by erstwhile Doctor Who script writer/editor Douglas Adams.
- 16 and 17 January - Invaders from Mars was recorded in Bristol.
- 17 and 18 January - The Chimes of Midnight was recorded in Bristol.
- 19 and 20 January - Recording for Seasons of Fear took place in Bristol.
- 22, 25 and 26 January - Embrace the Darkness was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- 22 and 23 January - Recording for The Time of the Daleks took place at The Moat Studios.
- 24 and 25 January - Recording for Neverland took place at The Moat Studios.
- 31 March and 1 April - Bloodtide was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- 31 March, 21 and 22 April - Dust Breeding was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- 28 and 29 April - The One Doctor was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- 26 and 27 May - Colditz was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- 23 and 24 June - Project: Twilight was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- 21 and 22 July - The Eye of the Scorpion was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- 24 and 25 August - Primeval was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- 21 November - The first Wikipedia article on Doctor Who was uploaded. Over the remainder of the decade hundreds of articles on the franchise appeared on the user-generated reference website.