Amongst the notable things that occurred on this day were:
- 1851 - The Cybermen created by Cybus Industries attempted to conquer Earth, but were stopped by the Tenth Doctor. (TV: The Next Doctor)
- 1914 - The Ninth Doctor and Rose Tyler visited a World War I battlefield and participated in a football match between the British and German soldiers. (COMIC: The Forgotten) Elsewhere on the Western Front, the Fifth Doctor witnessed another such football match while temporarily separated from Peri Brown. (PROSE: Never Seen Cairo) The First Doctor, Steven Taylor and Sara Kingdom likewise visited the Western Front at this time. (PROSE: The Little Drummer Boy)
- 1938 - Madge Arwell met a "Spaceman Angel", in actuality the Eleventh Doctor, stuck back to front in a space suit. (TV: The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe)
- 1938 - The eight-year-old Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart was given a box of toy soldiers by his namesake paternal grandfather, who promptly asked, "What do you want to be when you grow up?" Alistair was not pleased with his present. (COMIC: The Warkeeper's Crown)
- 1965 - The TARDIS materialised outside a police station. The First Doctor, Steven Taylor and Sara Kingdom were arrested. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- 1981 - Sarah Jane Smith, Brendan Richards and K9 had Christmas dinner in the home of Howard and Juno Baker in Moreton Harwood. (TV: A Girl's Best Friend)
- 2004 - The First Doctor, Ian Chesterton, Barbara Wright and Vicki Pallister became trapped in a time loop in the home of George Smythe, his wife Patricia and his children of Josie and Mark. (PROSE: Every Day)
- 2006 - The newly regenerated Tenth Doctor stopped an invasion of Earth by the Sycorax. (TV: The Christmas Invasion)
- 2008 - Astrid Peth sacrificed her life to kill Max Capricorn onboard the spacegoing replica of the RMS Titanic, also called the Titanic. The control of the Heavenly Host passed to the Tenth Doctor, and they helped him narrowly avoid a planned collision with Buckingham Palace. (TV: Voyage of the Damned)
- 2008 - In an alternate timeline, the Titanic instead crashed into London and destroyed it in a nuclear blast. This timeline was later negated when Donna was run over by a car, preventing her younger self from turning right, which had started the timeline in the first place. (TV: Turn Left)
- 2013 - After an absence of two years, the Eleventh Doctor joined Amy Pond and Rory Williams for Christmas dinner in Cheldon Bonniface. (TV: The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe)
- 2017 - The Chelbil invaded Earth. They were scared away from the planet by the Eighth Doctor and Goilin B. After the departure of the Chelbil, the Doctor planned to invite Jason Kane, Bernice Summerfield, Ace and Grace Holloway to Christmas dinner. (PROSE: Not in My Back Yard)
- 2058 - The crew of Bowie Base One celebrated their first Christmas on Mars. (TV: The Waters of Mars)
Behind the scenes Edit
This was one of only three instances where a new series Doctor Who television story, namely part one of TV: The End of Time, took place on the same day as its broadcast: 25 December 2009. The other two occurrences were: TV: The Impossible Astronaut (22 April 2011) and The Big Bang (26 June 2010).
- 1916 - Actor Edward Burnham was born.
- 1965 - "The Feast of Steven" was first broadcast on BBC1.
- 1965 - Part one of COMIC: A Christmas Story was released.
- 1984 - Actress Georgia Moffett was born.
- 1988 - Writer and director Terence Dudley died.
- 1999 - Actor Peter Jeffrey died.
- 2003 - Penciller Art Wetherell died.
- 2005 - The Christmas Invasion was first broadcast on BBC One.
- 2006 - The Runaway Bride was first broadcast on BBC One.
- 2007 - Voyage of the Damned was first broadcast on BBC One.
- 2008 - The Next Doctor was first broadcast on BBC One.
- 2009 - Part one of The End of Time was first broadcast on BBC One.
- 2010 - A Christmas Carol was first broadcast on BBC One.
- 2010 - GAME: Shadows of the Vashta Nerada was released.
- 2010 - Jaws of Orthrus was first broadcast on Five.
- 2011 - The Doctor, the Widow and the Wardrobe was first broadcast on BBC One.
- 2012 - The Snowmen was first broadcast on BBC One.