On 3 July, a number of things set in or relevant to the Doctor Who universe were released or published.
- 1965 - "The Watcher" was first broadcast on BBC1.
- 1965 - Part three of the TV Comic story Challenge of the Piper was first published.
- 1971 - Part six of The Vogan Slaves was first published in Countdown.
- 1976 - Part two of the TV Comic story Counter-Rotation was first published.
- 1980 - Part four of the Doctor Who Weekly comic story Doctor Who and the Time Witch and of Black Legacy were first published.
- 1995 - The Mark of the Rani and Time and the Rani were released on VHS.
- 1997 - Beyond the Sun was first published by Virgin Books.
- 2000 - The Ancestor Cell was first published by BBC Books.
- 2003 - The anthology Short Trips: A Universe of Terrors was first published by Big Finish.
- 2008 - Doctor Who Files 13: The Sontarans and 14: The Ood were first published by BBC Children's Books.
- 2008 - Part two of the Doctor Who Adventures comic story The Black Hole Gang was first published.
- 2009 - The Dead Line was first broadcast on BBC Radio 4.
- 2013 - The Doctor Who Adventure comic story The Hat Trick was first published.