On 7 January, the following important behind-the-scenes events were known to have occurred:
- 1969 - The BBC announced to the press that Patrick Troughton was to leave the role of the Second Doctor.
- 1996 - Paul McGann's first photoshoot as the Eighth Doctor took place in Vancouver. It was only then, though, that executive producer Philip Segal realised that McGann had cut his hair significantly for another production. This meant that hairstylist Julie McHaffie had to put together a wig for him quickly; this resulted in the Eighth Doctor's signature Victorian-style puffy hair.
- 2013 - Recording for The Lady of Mercia took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2014 - Recording for The Highest Science took place at The Moat Studios.
- 2016 - Recording for The Second Doctor: Volume One took place at The Moat Studios.