|A Cold Day in Hell!|
|Publisher:||Panini Publishing Ltd.|
|Release date:||May 2009|
|Format:||Comic sized paper back 186 pages|
|Doctor Who Magazine graphic novels|
|The Betrothal of Sontar||The Widow's Curse|
- You may be looking for the titular comic story.
A Cold Day in Hell! was the eleventh volume of the Panini Publishing series of Doctor Who Magazine comic collections, and the first to feature the Seventh Doctor. In included only the very earliest Seventh Doctor DWM strips, in which the Doctor was mainly travelling without a companion. That said, the volume contained the final regular story with Frobisher and a brief dalliance with a short-lived companion named Olla. For fans of the wider Marvel UK "universe" of the 1980s and early 1990s, it's probably more notable for the fact that it contains rare stories which are relevant to the Marvel UK character of Death's Head, thereby making the Doctor a tangential resident of the wider Marvel Comics multiverse.
Like all in the series, it was notable for its high quality digital restoration of the comics. It was the first chance readers had of seeing the original, monochromatic version of the comics since they were first published in DWM in the late 1980s.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Seventh Doctor embarks on more thrilling adventures in time and space, in his first volume of collected comic strips from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine!
The book features eleven amazing stories: A COLD DAY IN HELL!, REDEMPTION!, THE CROSSROADS OF TIME, CLAWS OF THE KLATHI!, CULTURE SHOCK!, KEEPSAKE, PLANET OF THE DEAD, ECHOES OF THE MOGOR!, TIME AND TIDE, FOLLOW THAT TARDIS! and INVADERS FROM GANTAC!.
These fantastic escapades see the Doctor meet his old foes the Ice Warriors, say a sad farewell to his companion Frobisher; bump into the robotic bounty hunter Death's Head; encounter his old foe the Meddling Monk; and even meet all of his previous incarnations!
Featuring stunning artwork from JOHN RIDGWAY, BRYAN HITCH, LEE SULLIVAN, GEOFF SENIOR, JOHN HIGGINS and ANDY LANE plus scripts from SIMON FURMAN, GRANT MORRISON, MIKE COLLINS, DAN ABNETT and ALAN GRANT.
PLUS! An introduction from comic strip editor RICHARD STARKINGS, an overview from former DWM editor JOHN FREEMAN, and a 7-page commentary section where the writers, artists and editors reveal the stories behind the strips!
AN ESSENTIAL COLLECTION FOR FANS OF DOCTOR WHO AND CLASSIC BRITISH COMICS!
Comic stories Edit
- A Cold Day in Hell!
- The Crossroads of Time
- Claws of the Klathi!
- Culture Shock!
- Planet of the Dead
- Echoes of the Mogor!
- Time and Tide
- Follow That TARDIS!
- Invaders from Gantac!
Additional features Edit
- Introduction by Richard Starkings
- About the Authors
- Project Editor: Tom Spilsbury
- Scanning, digital cleanup & design: Peri Godbold
- Scanning, digital cleanup: Paul Taylor
- Cover pencils by Mike Collins
- Cover inks by David A Roach
- Cover colours by James Offredi
- Head of Production: Mark Irvine
- Managing Editor: Alan O'Keefe
- Managing Director: Mike Riddell
- This is the first of two planned collections featuring the run of Seventh Doctor stories from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine, It contains 186 high quality black and white printed pages and a new cover by Mike Collins, It was priced at £15.99 (UK).
- A Cold Day At Marvel UK: Doctor Who Comic Memories - an extended version of material provided for the collection by the comic creators who were involved in the strips.