Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|A Date to Remember|
|Main enemy:||The Façade|
|Main setting:||Paris December|
|Printed in:||DWA 18-19|
|Release date:||29 November-13 December 2006|
|Format:||Comic - 2 parter (12 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Gangster's Paradise||The Hunters|
A Date to Remember (part one) Edit
Expecting the TARDIS to arrive at Christmas 2009, Rose Tyler is delighted to find it's spring in Perfect Paris. It's all there: shopping, people watching, sight seeing at the Louvre, croissants and hot chocolate, chips and ketchup and mime artists bearing flowers.
Yet all is not as it seems. The people are uncommunicative and keep disappearing and unobtrusive robot guards are everywhere. When a group of resistance fighters cause havoc in the square, the robot guards attack with containment cubes and Rose is snatched and dragged through a portal that opens up in front of the Doctor.
Snow Fakes (part two) Edit
On the other side of the portal that was created by the Resistance using a glitch in the system, Rose finds herself in the "real" Paris. The resistance fighters, led by Jean-Paul and Esme are determined to destroy the Facade, a computer programme that enhances people's perceptions in and of Perfect Paris. Everything Rose and the Doctor had seen was a synthetic or carefully controlled construction.
Fighting for a return of "reality", the Resistance has obtained and uses a computer virus that causes the Façade to break down. As the "real" replaces the 'unreal', a control room is exposed. In it, a human operator connected by a drip has become enslaved to the Facade, maintaining it since he was a child, a slave to the machine that would create the perfect city for people to live in. Once freed, the work of rebuilding the city begins.
to be added
- This is Rose Tyler's last appearance as the Doctor's travelling companion in Doctor Who Adventures.
- The Doctor Who Adventures comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 18 (6 pages) CAN THE DOCTOR GET ROSE BACK? FIND OUT NEXT ISSUE!
- DWA 19 (6 pages) JOIN THE DOCTOR FOR A BRAND NEW ADVENTURE NEXT ISSUE!
- Once again in Paris, the Doctor visits the Louvre to view the Mona Lisa painting, having previously visited it in TV: City of Death.