Swimming through a huge giant organism towards a heart, the Doctor and Rose, suited up and equipped with giant surgical appliances, encounter an alien organism feeding off the chamber wall. Once the organism is disconnected (i.e. cut away) from the wall, they are attacked by the white blood cells of the immune system. These start to attach themselves to the Doctor and Rose, swamping them. The only way to escape is to enter the organism and be eaten by it. As the organism begins to absorb them, it too is swamped by the attacking white blood cells. Overcome, the organism explodes.
On an operating table, Queen Svelna begins to recover from the disease previously thought incurable. The Queen's medics extract the micro-organism that saved her life (the TARDIS containing the Doctor and Rose). Having made her recovery, the Queen and the House of Svelna gives thanks to the Doctor and offers him the chance to rule by her side. The Doctor politely declines (explaining that his companion Rose needs his help, especially in choosing decent pairs of shoes!), and asks the Queen to make sure that the Inter-Galactic peace treaty is signed, avoiding a couple of centuries of a pointless war.
As the Doctor and Rose leave, the Doctor explains to Rose that the size difference between himself and the Queen might have been a problem and that while the Svelnans are great diplomats, they are also cheats at Tiddlywinks — something the Doctor can not stand!
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm in the early issues, later being expanded to two-parters.
Original print details
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 6 (6 pages split 4/2) * NEXT ISSUE: MORE DANGER AWAITS!
- The Fourth Doctor and Leela were also miniaturised and placed inside a infected body in order to find the Nucleus. (TV The Invisible Enemy)