|A Device of Death|
|Main enemy:||Kambril The Oranos|
|Main setting:||Adelphine Cluster, Gallifrey, Deepcity|
|Release date:||20 February 1997|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 256 Pages|
|Virgin Missing Adventures|
|Burning Heart||The Dark Path|
A Device of Death was the thirty-first novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Christopher Bulis. It featured the Fourth Doctor, Sarah Jane Smith and Harry Sullivan. This novel is set rather uniquely between Genesis of the Daleks and Revenge of the Cybermen; it takes place during their time ring travels just after Genesis of the Daleks.
Publisher's summary Edit
- "As a member of an inferior race, you either work to serve the cause of Averon, or die."
Sarah Jane is marooned on a slave world where the only escape is death. Harry is caught in the middle of an interplanetary invasion, and has to combine medicine with a desperate mission. And the Fourth Doctor lands on a world so secret it does not even have a name.
At the heart of a star-spanning conspiracy lies an ancient quest: people have been making weapons since the dawn of time — but perhaps someone has finally discovered the ultimate device of death.
to be added
- Fourth Doctor
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Harry Sullivan
- Elyze Brant
- Martyn Daw
- Baal Garikth-tal
- Barris Kambril
- Olivor Malf (aka Admiral Zeff Dorling)
- Angelyn Marcavos (aka 829)
- Neels Prander
- Cara Tarron
- Mattew Tarron
- Brin Vender
- Mogul of Tralsammavar
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor gives his age as seven hundred and forty-eight.
- The Time Lords give the Doctor another TARDIS, one with a functioning chameleon circuit, but he gives it back.
- The Doctor mentions adventures with the Daleks, the Aztecs, Atlanteans, the London Underground, the Peladon and the Minoan labyrinth of Crete.
- Adelphine Cluster
- Calfon colony
Individual spacecraft Edit
Time travel Edit
- After departing from Skaro, the Doctor, Sarah Jane and Harry are scattered across the Adelphine Cluster due to temporal disruption interfering with the Time Ring.
- According to the Time Lords, due to the Doctor's actions, a force of robots will arise that will contribute to the fall of the Daleks. It is implied that these robots are the Movellans.
- Sarah recalls Professor J.P. Kettlewell's robot when she interacts with Max. (TV: Robot)
- When recovering his memories, Sarah mentions UNIT and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. (TV: The Time Warrior)
- Harry compares the ship's medicines to those on the space station Nerva. (TV: The Ark in Space)
- A Device of Death at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: A Device of Death at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: A Device of Death