Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|A Device of Death|
|Main setting:||Adelphine Cluster, Gallifrey, Deepcity, The Oranos|
|Release date:||20 February 1997|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 29 Chapters, 256 Pages|
|Virgin Missing Adventures|
|Burning Heart||The Dark Path|
Publisher's summary Edit
- "As a member of an inferior race, you either work to serve the cause of Averon, or die."
Sarah Jane is marooned on a slave world where the only escape is death. Harry is caught in the middle of an interplanetary invasion, and has to combine medicine with a desperate mission. And the Fourth Doctor lands on a world so secret it does not even have a name.
At the heart of a star-spanning conspiracy lies an ancient quest: people have been making weapons since the dawn of time — but perhaps someone has finally discovered the ultimate device of death.
Chapter Titles Edit
- Prologue -- Timequake
- War Zone
- Work or Die!
- Guided Tour
- Special Guest
- Unorthodox Methods
- Eccentric Behaviour
- The Guardians of Averon
- Alarms and Excursions
- Special Announcement
- Death in the Valley
- Out of Time
- The Mogul of Tralsammavar
- 'People of Deepcity...'
- A Device of Death
- Mission Accomplished
to be added
- Fourth Doctor
- Sarah Jane Smith
- Harry Sullivan
- Elyze Brant
- Martyn Daw
- Baal Garikth-tal
- Barris Kambril
- Oliver Malf (aka Admiral Zeff Dorling)
- Angelyn Marcavos (aka 829)
- Neels Prander
- Cara Tarron
- Mattew Tarron
- Brin Vender
- Mogul of Tralsammavar
The Doctor Edit
- The Time Lords give the Doctor another TARDIS, one with a functioning chameleon circuit, but he gives it back.
- The Doctor mentions adventures with the Daleks, the Aztecs, Atlanteans, the London Underground, the Peladon and the Minoan labyrinth of Crete.
Time travel Edit
- After departing from Skaro, the Doctor, Sarah Jane and Harry are scattered across the Adelphine Cluster due to temporal disruption interfering with the Time Ring.
- According to the Time Lords, due to the Doctor's actions, a force of robots will arise that will contribute to the fall of the Daleks. It is implied that these robots are the Movellans.
- Sarah recalls Professor J.P. Kettlewell's K1 robot when she interacts with Max. (TV: Robot)
- When recovering her memories, Sarah mentions UNIT and Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart. (TV: The Time Warrior)
- Harry compares the ship's medicines to those on the space station Nerva. (TV: The Ark in Space)
- The Discontinuity Guide to: A Device of Death at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: A Device of Death