After an explosion in the TARDIS, the Eighth Doctor and Izzy wake to find themselves on trial by "Jurors of the Limbo Inbetween" to determine whether they will "reside up above or burn in torment down below." After hearing the testimonies of villains who have been defeated by the Doctor, the two-headed, tentacled judge is about to pass judgment on The Doctor and Izzy when a person in a white gown with a hood-covered face bursts into the courtroom and helps them escape.
The hooded figure is a personification of the TARDIS. The "judge" is actually a "creature of the vortex" that had been sucking the life out of the TARDIS and this version of The Doctor and Izzy have been created by the TARDIS to help it fight off the parasite from within its memory banks. This version of the Doctor confronts the parasite, who conjures an army of the Doctor's foes to attack him, but the TARDIS' version of the Doctor counters by conjuring an army of his own, made up of his various friends and allies.
After an epic battle, the TARDIS' Doctor slays the parasite. Inside the TARDIS control room, the real Doctor and Izzy wake up after being knocked out by the explosion, not knowing what happened and go on to their next adventure.
to be added
- In the court room General Ironicus, Josiah W. Dogbolter and Beep the Meep give evidence against the Doctor.
- Much of "the Doctor" and "Izzy's" "adventure" takes place in interstitial space.
- The Doctor conjures a variety of people and creatures to fight, including Sharon Davies, Shayde, the Freefall Warriors, Ivan Asimoff, Vesuvius, Morris, and Sir Justin.
- This story was reprinted in the Endgame graphic novel.
- Amongst those who bear witness against the Doctor are General Ironicus, (COMIC: The Iron Legion) Josiah W. Dogbolter (COMIC: The Moderator) and Beep the Meep. (COMIC: The Star Beast)
- Numerous past enemies of the Doctor appear, including one of Mortakk's hybrid creatures. (COMIC: Final Genesis)