a real world point of view
|A Storm of Angels|
|Main character(s):||The Doctor (Unbound 1)|
|Main enemy:||The Storm of Angels|
|Main setting:||The Golden Hind and Nonesuch Palace, 1588|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Release date:||January 2005|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Doctor Who Unbound|
|Exile||Masters of War|
Publisher's summary Edit
What if... the Doctor really had changed History, even just the tiniest bit?
1480: Leonardo da Vinci visits the stars.
1588: Earth is destroyed by a storm of angels.
The Doctor was really enjoying his freedom. But now there's a Temporal Agent on his tail. Gloriana and the President of Gallifrey are not amused. And Susan’s none too well either.
Possibilities, like the Doctor, have a habit of running away with themselves. But who cares, when the jewels are so dazzling...
- The Doctor - Geoffrey Bayldon
- Susan - Carole Ann Ford
- Sir Francis Drake - Cameron Stewart
- Doctor John Dee - Ivor Danvers
- Zeuro - Ian Hallard
- Anthony Fettiplace - Nicholas Deal
- Mr Raju - Shiv Grewal
- Queen Elizabeth - Kate Brown
- Shewstone / Bosun - Ian Brooker
to be added
- Being 80 years old at the time that A Storm of Angels was recorded, Geoffrey Bayldon is the oldest actor to have played the Doctor in any medium to date.
- This audio drama was recorded on 31 May and 1 June 2004.
- This is a sequel to NOTDWU: Auld Mortality.
- In the proper timeline, the Doctor visited Elizabeth I's court during his sixth incarnation in the company of Evelyn Smythe (AUDIO: Thicker than Water) and during his eighth incarnation in the company of Samson and Gemma Griffin (AUDIO: Terror Firma). Furthermore, the Tenth Doctor and Martha Jones briefly encountered her in 1599. (TV: The Shakespeare Code) Later in his personal timeline but earlier in hers, he may have married her. (TV: The End of Time, TV: The Beast Below)
- Official A Storm of Angels page at bigfinish.com
- Detailed synopsis of A Storm of Angels at the Doctor Who Reference Guide