|A Tourist Invasion|
|Main setting:||The Eye of Orion|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Yearbook 1993|
|Release date:||September 1992|
|Encounter on Burnt Snake Flat||none|
|Doctor Who Yearbook|
|Metamorphosis||A Religious Experience|
Publisher's summary Edit
- According to the Doctor, Torquemada "makes a terrible cup of tea".
The Oox Edit
- The Oox call the Khee "lix".
- Oox means "those who communicate in a decent low pitched sound" in the language of the Oox.
- Lix means "those who communicate in a very unpleasant high-pitched, squeaky, and thoroughly obnoxious way" in the language of the Oox.
The Khee Edit
- The Khee call the Oox "Khoogh"
- Khee means "delightfully light-toned superior ones" in the language of the Khee.
- Khoogh means "grating heavy-toned eaters of daarg-droppings" in the language of the Khee.
- Daarg-droppings are considered delicacies by every race, except the daargs.
- Tribolycanna have a genetic inability to refuse hospitality.
- This story is the last ever Brief Encounter story, published in 1992.
- This is one of the few stories in which the Doctor commits mass genocide.
- The story is also one of a few stories to feature the Sixth Doctor and be written by the actor who plays him.
- The Fifth Doctor, Tegan Jovanka and Turlough visited the Eye of Orion in TV: The Five Doctors. The Eighth Doctor joined them there briefly, as seen in PROSE: The Eight Doctors.