Publisher's summary Edit
Two thousand years ago, all civilisation on the planet Teymah was wiped out in an AELE – an Anomalous Extinction Level Event. Now, the galactic entrepreneur Lyam Yce hopes, at last, to learn the reason why the ancient Teymahrians went extinct – by funding a huge archaeological dig.
While the Doctor probes a strange sphere found by Yce's diggers, his companion, former Bletchley Park cryptographer Constance Clarke, agrees to help translate symbols written in the lost ancient language of the Teymahrians. And soon, they'll learn that ancient Teymah's secrets were best left buried deep beneath its shifting sands...
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
Part three Edit
to be added
Part four Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Constance Clarke - Miranda Raison
- Lyam Yce - Paul Reynolds
- Florrie/Medical Doctor - Jenny Bede
- Ammar Elkady - Arian Nik
- Professor Aryan Wyke/Mine Worker - Neil Edmond
- Kohrbal - Gary Martin
- Pheenan - Esther Hall
- The Doctor is over 900 years old.
- The TARDIS says that the year is approximately 3319, which the Doctor explains is the Earth equivalent of "2190-ish," with the A.E.L.E taking place around 1300.
- Sontaran scout vessels are considerably smaller than nine metres in diameter.
- The Doctor claims that he has "the acute directional hearing of a bat with a sat-nav".
- Florrie claims to have learned about bullet entry wounds and exit burns from watching an episode of Galactamedics.
- Yce describes the Doctor as a "curly-haired buffoon".
- Constance tells Yce that she does not know the Doctor very well.
- While at Bletchley Park, Constance attended an escapology course but she paid little attention during it.
- The Ninexie reproduce by electromitosis. Their homeworld is in Galaxy Three.
- Wrechon Four, also in Galaxy Three, fought the Nine Hundred Year War against the Ninexie. The clean-up crew, if not the entire race, is known as the Genocide Squad.
- Constance is of the opinion that the Doctor's handwriting is terrible.
- The Doctor and Constance cancel the destruct sequence of the category nine destruction rig.
- Constance compares the Cloister Room to "an ugly industrial cathedral".
- This audio drama was recorded on 31 March and 1 June 2016 at The Moat Studios.
- This is the first Big Finish Main Range release to be written and directed by Jamie Anderson.
- The Doctor refers to Constance's qualifications as a cryptographer and linguist. (AUDIO: Criss-Cross)
- Constance tells Yce that she and the Doctor have only been on a few trips together. (AUDIO: Criss-Cross, The End of the Line, Planet of the Rani, Shield of the Jötunn, Order of the Daleks)
- The Doctor tells the Ninexie that fishing is one of his hobbies. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang, The Androids of Tara, The Two Doctors; AUDIO: Arrangements for War, Criss-Cross)
- The Doctor asks the Ninexie if they're related to the Nix. (AUDIO: The Waters of Amsterdam)
- The Doctor keeps a yo-yo in his pocket. (TV: Robot, et. al)
- The Ninexie populate planets by acting like gods and manipulating civilisations, much like the Nimon. (TV: The Horns of Nimon)
- The Cloister Bell sounds when the Ninexie attack the TARDIS. (TV: Logopolis)
- The TARDIS mentions the Hostile Action Displacement System as a clue to the Doctor. (TV: The Krotons)
- The Doctor returns to the power room, remembering that it used to be closer to the console room. (TV: The Mind Robber) It resembles an industrial cathedral, reminiscent of the dynormorphic generators. (PROSE: The Quantum Archangel)
- Constance refers to Strellin. (AUDIO: Order of the Daleks)
- Constance wants to discover the fate of her husband Henry Clarke, who was reported missing in action during World War II in 1944. (AUDIO: Criss-Cross, Quicksilver)