- You may be looking for the Zygon-centric audio story published by BBV.
Absolution was the one hundred and first monthly Doctor Who audio release produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the last story to feature C'rizz played by Conrad Westmaas. It saw C'rizz sacrifice himself. Thus, C'rizz joins a small group of companions who died whilst travelling with the Doctor. The consequences of his demise were felt by Charley Pollard, leading her to voice a desire to leave the Eighth Doctor's company.
Publisher's summary Edit
Confession. Penance. Absolution.
The TARDIS breaks down in a forbidden sector of space. Ghostly voices cry out for salvation and only C'rizz, the Doctor's Eutermesan companion, can answer their call — for only he knows the secret of the Absolver. But will he use it to rescue his friends or save the universe?
The Doctor's sins are catching up with him and the infernal beast Borarus is hungry. Time is running out and Judgement Day is at hand.
Welcome to Hell.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- C'rizz - Conrad Westmaas
- Aboresh - Robert Glenister
- Cacothis - Christopher Villiers
- Lolanthia - Natalie Mendoza
- Straith - Tony Barton
- Phelgreth - Geoffrey Breton
- Utebbadon-Tarria is in or near the constellation of Aries.
- The Citadel is protected by a induction barrier. The people living outside the barrier are called Outlanders.
One of the places outside the barrier is the Wood of Suicides.
- C'rizz is a member of the Church of the Foundation.
- According to the Doctor, every culture in every galaxy has a concept of Hell.
- The people of Utebbadon-Tarria believe in the Forsaker and Borarus.
- Hellions are transdimensional parasites who home in on chaotic eddies in the probability stream.
- Scatterfish are creatures native to Eutermes.
- Charley's favourite nursery rhyme is "Oranges and Lemons".
- The Doctor references Through the Looking-Glass.
- The Doctor quotes from Measure for Measure.
- Sherva is a hot drink served on Utebbadon-Tarria.
- Charley's blood type is AB-negative.
- An experimental dimensional probe accidentally caused a localised inversion of the time-space continuum, turning Utebbadon-Tarria into a place resembling Hell.
- The Doctor's TARDIS has a reciprocation circuit and empathic circuits.
- This story was previewed in Doctor Who Magazine issue 388 with an illustration by Cliff Robinson.
- This is the final audio drama to feature C'rizz, as played by Conrad Westmaas.
- This audio drama was recorded on 26 and 27 June 2007 at The Moat Studios.
- Shortly before his death, C'rizz refers to his mate L'da, whom he killed in the Kromon biosphere as she had been transformed into a Kromon queen. (AUDIO: The Creed of the Kromon)
- After C'rizz's death, Charley tells the Doctor that she wants to go home. The Doctor tells her that "that's back aboard the R101", where she met him for the first time in her personal timeline on 5 October 1930. (AUDIO: Storm Warning)
- Later in his personal timeline, the Doctor would meet C'rizz on one further occasion when he and Lucie Miller encountered his younger self while he was travelling with him and Charley in an American frontier town in the 1870s. This encounter was observed by the Sixth Doctor and his companion Evelyn Smythe. (AUDIO: The 100 Days of the Doctor)
- Charley mentions C'rizz's moonstone pendant. (AUDIO: The Next Life)
- Official Absolution page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Absolution at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide