Alien Heart was a full cast audio story released on 19 April 2017 by Big Finish Productions. Shorter than the vast majority of stories in the Doctor Who monthly range, it appeared alongside Dalek Soul. Alien Heart ended in a cliffhanger leading directly into Dalek Soul.
Publisher's summary Edit
In the TARDIS, the Doctor and Nyssa stumble across a trail of ten destroyed worlds, all of them obliterated by means of some utterly monstrous but utterly unknown device. The planet Traxana would seem to be next in line to suffer the same fate. But when the TARDIS lands on an outpost on Traxana's moon, Nyssa is carried away by a tide of giant green arachnoids, leaving the Doctor behind...
And the coming menace is closer than he thinks.
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- Nyssa - Sarah Sutton
- Sonderal - Eve Webster
- Elthar - Geoffrey Newland
- Theebe - Alex Tregear
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- The Daleks "unintentionally" destroyed ten planets in the same constellation.
- Traxana, in the Traxana system, is located several trillion miles beyond the frontier of the Earth Empire. It is home to five billion people who have not yet reached the Space Age, and like Earth, spins through space at a thousand miles an hour.
- Nyssa explains that arachnids know how to build webs instinctively.
- Fel Canto was less than a light-year from Empire space.
- The Scion Primes are larger cell-spiders and serve as hive minds.
- The Doctor describes the Dalek Enclave as a splinter scientific group.
- The cell-spiders can generate time spillage naturally, which the Doctor describes as "entropy and renewal."
- The Daleks consider the Movellans to be enemies for all time.
- The Dalek Commander plans to report to the "Council of Skaro."
- The Doctor claims that Movellans haven't been in "this part of space" for a century, and refers to the Dalek-Movellan War as being over.
- The Doctor describes Nyssa as "terribly nice".
- The Doctor was once up against the cricketer Wilfred Rhodes who had a great left arm.
- The Doctor wants to catch the Australian cricket team's tour of England in 1902.
- Alien Heart is the first in a trilogy of releases in the Monthly Range that were double-releases, with two connect two-episode stories rather than a single four-episode story.
- Nyssa refers to the destruction of Traken in 1981 by the entropy wave. (TV: Logopolis)
- The Doctor once again describes himself as a "citizen of the universe." (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- Traxana has lucanol mines. (TV: The Robots of Death)
- The Doctor notes that Nyssa is highly adept in the field of bioelectronics. (TV: The Keeper of Traken)
- Sonderal knows of the Daleks' history with Earth. (TV: The Dalek Invasion of Earth)
- The Movellans defeated the Daleks in a battle in Traxana's sector of space during the Dalek-Movellan War. (TV: Destiny of the Daleks)
- The Doctor says, "When I say 'run', run". (TV: The Power of the Daleks, et. al)
- Nyssa has previously encountered the Daleks on several occasions. (AUDIO: The Mutant Phase, Renaissance of the Daleks, Plague of the Daleks)
- After they were captured by the Daleks, the Doctor and Nyssa were transported to Mojox and numerous duplicates of them were created. However, they were soon able to escape. (AUDIO: Dalek Soul)