An Ordinary Life was the fourth and final story of the first season of The Early Adventures. It was written by Matt Fitton and featured the First Doctor (voiced by Peter Purves), Steven Taylor, and Sara Kingdom. In this adventure, the Doctor, Steven, and Sara were on the run trying to prevent Daleks from getting back the Taranium that the Doctor managed to steal in the television story The Daleks' Master Plan to prevent a catastrophe. After their ordinary life in this adventure was over, however, the Doctor knew that he would have to return to Kembel after all, leading the TARDIS crew back into the events of The Daleks' Master Plan.
Publisher's summary Edit
1950s London: newcomers arrive daily on British shores seeking a fresh start, new opportunities, or simply the chance of a different life. However, some are from much further afield than India or Jamaica...
After an emergency landing, the TARDIS crew must make the best of it, and look to their new neighbours for help. But the Newman family has more than the prejudices of the time to contend with. A sinister force grows in strength amid the pubs, docks and backstreets of London...
to be added
- Steven Taylor/Narrator/The Doctor - Peter Purves
- Sara Kingdom - Jean Marsh
- Joseph Roberts - Ram John Holder
- Michael Newman - Damian Lynch
- Audrey Newman - Sara Powell
- Billy Flint - Stephen Critchlow
to be added
- This story was recorded at The Moat Studios.
- This was the first Early Adventure to feature Sara Kingdom.
- This story takes place during The Daleks' Master Plan.
- Sara mentions the death of her brother Bret Vyon. (TV: The Daleks' Master Plan)
- The Doctor starts to sing a Venusian lullaby. (TV: The Curse of Peladon)