|And You Will Obey Me|
|Main enemy:||The Master|
|Main setting:||Hexford, 2016 and 1984|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Richard Fox and Lauren Yason|
|Sound:||Richard Fox and Lauren Yason|
|Cover by:||Simon Holub|
|Release date:||12 April 2016|
|Format:||4 parts, 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Peterloo Massacre||Vampire of the Mind|
And You Will Obey Me was the two hundred and eleventh story in Big Finish's monthly range. It featured the Fifth Doctor and the Master as played by Geoffrey Beevers, and was the first part of a "Multi-Master" trilogy.
Publisher's summary Edit
The Master: wanted for crimes without number, across five galaxies.
The Master: dead and buried in an unmourned grave, in a lonely churchyard.
Part one Edit
to be added
Part two Edit
to be added
Part three Edit
to be added
Part four Edit
to be added
- The Doctor - Peter Davison
- The Master - Geoffrey Beevers
- Annie - Sheena Bhattessa
- Colin - Alex Foley
- Helen/Jade Nymph - Peta Cornish
- Mikey/Grigor - Russ Bain
- Janine - Tessa Coates
- Gomphus/Auctioneer - Nick Ellsworth
- Colin sarcastically refers to the security guard as "Stretch Armstrong".
- The Doctor describes the Master as "a sort of friend".
- The Master used the alias "Michael Masterson" while living in Hexford.
- Hexford is near Little Hodcombe.
- Colin was a Sea Scout when he was younger.
- The Dragon Hunters live for approximately 30 days.
- The Master arrived in Hexford in 1984.
- Colin and Helen were born in 1968.
- Janine describes Mikey as a "Grade A divey".
- The Master's TARDIS must repair itself with the internal reconfiguration system before it can repair the Master. Until then, he is as mortal as human beings.
- Mikey compares the Master to E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial.
- Mikey's elder brother fought in the Falklands War and his face was badly burnt.
- Mikey uses the pseudonyms "Bodie" and "Doyle" to refer to himself and Janine, a reference to The Professionals. He thought that it was hilarious but the Master did not understand the reference.
- The "children of the Master" absorbed his symbiotic nuclei.
- The Russian KGB had a file on the Master.
- Transhuman death squads are composed of 12 sisters.
- This story was recorded on 29 and 30 October 2015 at The Moat Studios.
- The image of the Doctor on the cover is flipped, meaning that his celery is on the opposite side of his body than normal.
- The audio story The Two Masters revealed that the Master in this story is the Alex Macqueen incarnation in the body of his cadaverous past incarnation.
- This audio drama marks the first appearance of the Master in the main range since Master in October 2003.
- The Doctor visits Hexford, where he owned a house, Nest Cottage, during his fourth incarnation. (AUDIO: Tsar Wars)
- Lot 47 contains several cricket trophies, including the Cranleigh Cup. (TV: Black Orchid)
- The Master's TARDIS is still in the form of a grandfather clock. (TV: The Deadly Assassin, The Keeper of Traken)
- The Doctor received the Master's distress signal while in Little Hodcombe in 1984. (TV: The Awakening)
- The Doctor mentions that TARDISes can take the form of a Greek column, (TV: Castrovalva) an iron maiden, (TV: The King's Demons) or a Concorde. (TV: Time-Flight)
- The Master has several stasers in his TARDIS. (TV: The Deadly Assassin)
- Jane Hampden was Mikey's third year teacher at Little Hodcombe Primary School. (TV: The Awakening)
- Although the Doctor describes fledershrews as a common TARDIS pest, he would later allow an entire colony of them to live in his TARDIS during his seventh and eighth incarnations. (AUDIO: Black and White, Nevermore, Relative Dimensions)
- The Doctor believes that he knows how this incarnation of the Master will meet his end. (TV: The Keeper of Traken)
- By his seventh incarnation, the Doctor was unable to remember this encounter with the Master due to the time breaks which were slowly destroying the universe. (AUDIO: The Two Masters)
- The Cult of the Heretic sent the Dragon Hunters and the Transhuman Sisters to kill the Master. (AUDIO: The Two Masters)