Opening narration box
The Doctor and Donna have been captured by a junk dealer...
The TARDIS has a broken chrono-loop spectrometer. Its auto-repair circuits scan for replacement parts and it lands on a desert planet with no sign of life. Suddenly from overhead a spacecraft arrives and from on top, the Doctor and Donna hear a voice call for "any old iron!" before they are teleported aboard.
Silas Wrench introduces himself as a collector of rare metal marvels. He takes offence when Donna suggests he is simply a rag and bone man, a junk dealer and starts shooting at them.
Running away deeper into the ship, the Doctor and Donna find in a pile of scrap, a Horobot (robot time traveller). The Horobot pleads with the Doctor to help save him from being scrapped when Wrench arrives with his latest acquisition, the TARDIS. Wrench raises his gun at the Doctor and Donna and demands that the Doctor open the TARDIS.
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to reinforce the association of its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, sonic screwdriver, psychic paper and intelligent glasses.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- This story, without reference, introduces Donna as the Doctor's companion.
Original print details
- 1/2 DWBIT 43 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED!!!
- No reprints to date.
to be added