a real world point of view
|Main setting:||2019, Arctic|
|Printed in:||DWA 153|
|Release date:||11 February 2010|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parter (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Dead-line||Return of the Klytode|
Arriving in the Arctic in 2019 the Tenth Doctor is setting up his deck chair to take in a solar eclipse when the ice below him is ripped open. From the ice emerge tall alien creatures who identify themselves as Antipho. They ask the Doctor for help.
Sheltered by the eclipse, they are able to return to the surface. They are unable to withstand sunlight. After their craft crashed they were forced to retreat below the ice for the six-month long Arctic night. Although they repaired their craft, their ship was now trapped in ice.
As the sun begins to emerge, the Doctor races around, using his sonic screwdriver (turning it up to setting eleven!), to break up the ice. With the ice weakened, the aliens return to their ship and return home as the Sun comes up. As the craft takes off, the Doctor realises it has taken his deck chair with it – probably his only deck chair.
- DWA 153 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK! Return of the Klytode!
- None to date
- The DWA comic strip adventures were very much aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
- This was appeared under the title 'The Tenth Doctor's Untold Stories'.
- The Tenth Doctor wears his brown coat and blue suit.
- The Tenth Doctor uses his Sonic screwdriver to weaken the ice so the Antipho craft can escape.
to be added