|Army of Death|
|Main setting:||Garrak and Stronghaven, Zelonia, Draxine|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Music:||Fool Circle Productions|
|Sound:||Fool Circle Productions|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||December 2011|
|Format:||2 CDs, 4 parts|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|The Witch from the Well||The Curse of Davros|
Army of Death was the third story in the 2011 Eighth Doctor audio trilogy.
Publishers summary Edit
The TARDIS brings the Doctor and Mary Shelley to the continent of Zelonia, on the frontier world Draxine — where, many moons ago, the twin citystates of Garrak and Stronghaven bore testament to mankind's colonial spirit.
That was before the sinister death cult of Garrak's President Harmon took hold — and Garrak annihilated itself, utterly, in an apocalyptic explosion. Before the bones of Garrak's dead came back to life, and its skeletal citizens began marching, marching, marching on Stronghaven itself.
But what do they want, this army of death? And can anything stop them? In search of answers, the Doctor and Mary must journey into the dead heart of a dead city to face a terrifying adversary, whose ambitions transcend the stuff of life itself.
to be added
- The Doctor - Paul McGann
- Mary Shelley - Julie Cox
- President Vallan - David Harewood
- Lady Meera - Carolyn Pickles
- Nia Brusk - Eva Pope
- Commander Raynar/Karnex - Mitch Benn
- Sherla/Baden/Tox - Joanna Christie
- Captain Maddox/Stennan/Sentries - Trevor Cooper
- Mary describes Percy Shelley as her soulmate.
- The inhabitants of Draxine are tenth-generation descendants of the original settlers from Earth.
- The Doctor once took Mary to Mayhem.
- Subscribers to Big Finish received the audio story The Five Companions as a free release if this story was part of their subscription, alongside a reading of Lant Land, originally printed in the collection Short Trips: Life Science.
- An after-credits scene at the end of episode 4 has Mary Shelley writing a final entry on her old journal stating she has instructed the Doctor to return her to her own time, to a place where she — for better or worse — belongs.
- This audio drama was recorded on 7 and 8 April 2011.
- To date, this is the last Eighth Doctor audio drama in the main range.
Production error Edit
- When Hover-Sentries list search results on "President Harmon", they erroneously call Valek Harmon the president of Stronghaven. He was the president of Garrak.
- The Doctor refers to Plutonian tax collectors. (TV: The Sun Makers)
- The Doctor tells President Vallon that he was once accused of assassinating a president himself. (TV: The Deadly Assassin)
- The Doctor mentions to Mary and Nia that he used to have a flying car with a "great number plate." (TV: Invasion of the Dinosaurs, Planet of the Spiders)
- The Doctor recalls their recent encounters with the Cybermen and the witches. (AUDIO: The Silver Turk, The Witch from the Well)
- Official Army of Death page at bigfinish.com
- DisContinuity for Army of Death at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide