Ascension was the third and final story in the sixth series of Gallifrey and the twenty-fourth story over all.
Publisher's summary Edit
Romana's sacrifice sees Gallifrey restored to its former glory, but at a terrible cost.
As old friends fight to reunite, new threats lie in wait...
to be added
- Lady President Romana - Lalla Ward
- Romana - Juliet Landau
- Leela - Louise Jameson
- Coordinator Narvin - Seán Carlsen
- K9 Mark II/Coordinator Tallan - John Leeson
- Chancellor Valyes - Steven Wickham
- Matthias - Stephen Perring
- Commander Jevon - Scott Handcock
- Castellan Slyne - Peter Sheward
- The Daleks/Dalek Supreme - Nicholas Briggs
Uncredited cast Edit
- Romana does not actually undergo a regeneration as suggested at the end of the previous story.
- Valyes is still the Lord Chancellor of Gallifrey.
- Lord President Matthias ordered that all those infected with the Dogma Virus be quarantined in time-locked facilities. This led to another civil war After his orders were carried out, Matthias resigned and went into self-imposed exile in the Wastelands.
- One of the cardinals refers to Romana's presidency as a golden age of Gallifrey.
- Coordinator Tallan is the archivist of the Matrix.
- While in the Axis, K9 catalogued 1,000 different alternative versions of Gallifrey.
- Narvin and Leela are trapped inside the Matrix. Tallan was a construct created by K9 as he could not project an image of himself into the Matrix as he did not have biodata on file in the Matrix's records. He created the Tallan avatar in the image of a Time Lord who died decades earlier in the proper timeline but who was still alive in one of the alternative timelines which they visited.
- In actuality, Lady Trey is a projection of a future Romana created by the Matrix. She gives Leela a message to deliver to Romana: "When the time is right, she'll know we will meet again."
- The Matrix projection, including Lady Trey, was created by a future version of Romana.
- The Dogma Virus was created by the Daleks.
- K9's blaster ray has an accuracy of 98%.
- The CIA Tower is the safest place on Gallifrey.
- The Dalek Supreme accompanied the invasion force to Gallifrey.
- This audio drama marks the first appearance of the actual planet of Gallifrey in the proper timeline on the series since AUDIO: Panacea in August 2006.
- This audio drama marks the first appearance of K9 on the series since AUDIO: Forever in March 2011.
- Valyes is sent to meet the Fourth Doctor and inform him the Time Lords have forseen a time where the Daleks would threaten the universe, which is a trick by Narvin. However, A Device of Death shows the Time Lords monitoring the changes to history around Skaro, meaning their messenger Ferain (PROSE: Lungbarrow) was genuine. Since Valyes is not depicted returning, it's possible he didn't reach the Doctor.
- Romana refers to Shada technology. (TV: Shada, AUDIO: Shada, PROSE: Shada)
- Narvin paraphrases T.S. Eliot's poem The Hollow Men when he says, "Is this how the world ends? Not with a bang but a whimper." (AUDIO: 1963, TV: The Lazarus Experiment)
- Narvin recalls that Tallan was a member of the High Council on the alternative Gallifrey where Leela was appointed Lady President. (AUDIO: Reborn)
- K9 tells Romana that he fled from the Axis when it was invaded by the Dalek taskforce. (AUDIO: Extermination)
- Romana tells K9 that she, Narvin and Leela closed the last Axis portal behind them when they returned to their own Gallifrey. (AUDIO: Extermination)
- Romana refers to the supposed extermination of Cardinal Slyne by the Daleks on an alternative Gallifrey. (AUDIO: Extermination)
- The Dogma Virus was created by the Daleks. (AUDIO: Panacea)
- This marks the second time that the Daleks have invaded Gallifrey. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)
- Romana recalls being held prisoner by the Daleks for 20 years. (AUDIO: The Apocalypse Element)
- During her first incarnation, Romana encountered the Dalek Supreme in the Proxima System. (AUDIO: The Final Phase)
- Narvin sends Valyes to tell the Fourth Doctor to avert the creation of the Daleks. (TV: Genesis of the Daleks) This interference eventually led to the outbreak of the Last Great Time War. (TV: The End of the World, et. al)
- When hiding from the Daleks in the presidential office, Romana mentions that a former president had the wall reinforced. Leela remembered this happening (TV: The Invasion of Time).