|Main enemy:||The Beast (The Taint)|
|Writer:||David A. McIntee|
|Cover by:||Black Sheep|
|Release date:||5 July 1999|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 12 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|Unnatural History||Interference - Book One|
Publisher's summary Edit
The Ardennes, December 1944: the Nazi forces are making their last offensive in Europe — a campaign which will come to be called the Battle of the Bulge. But there is a third side to this battle: an unknown and ancient force which seems to pay little heed to the laws of nature.
Where do the bodies of the dead disappear to? What is the true nature of the military experiments conducted by both sides?
The Doctor, Sam and Fitz must seek out the truth in a battlefield where no one and nothing is quite what it seems...
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Samantha Jones
- Fitz Kreiner
- Jeff Kovacs
- Dr Ray Garcia
- Dan Bearclaw
- Sam wears a Pinky and the Brain t-shirt.
- Sam never watched much Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, as her dad was always watching the news.
- Sam mentions Tony Robinson and Time Team.
- Leitz is from Bremen.
- Everytime the Doctor tries to leave Earth, the TARDIS is put into a temporal orbit.
- At the end of this novel Sam asks the Doctor to drop her somewhere near 1997, deciding she has gone through more changes than anyone should.
- PROSE: The Taint and Autumn Mist are linked by several themes.
- The Sidhe were first mentioned in PROSE: First Frontier and again in PROSE: Unnatural History.
- The Doctor doesn't have a shadow, which is explained in PROSE: Interference - Book Two.
- Sam mentions that the last time the TARDIS was left to float in space, they were hauled off to Skaro. (PROSE: War of the Daleks)
- The Doctor claims to have been present at El Alamein. (TV: The Sea Devils)
- Autumn Mist at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Autumn Mist at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Autumn Mist