Bêtes Noires & Dark Horses was the second and last comic published in the Faction Paradox series.
Publisher's summary Edit
Faction Paradox's representatives start sweating blood as the bone-wielding Mayakatula runs amok, leaving an increasing trail of corpses in her wake. Meanwhile, a British Secret Service agent important to Faction lore arrives to observe the carnage in King George III's court. His name's Sabbath, and before he's done, he's going to shove himself into a conflict that's already got the Faction, the colonial Americans and more at each others' throats. All this, plus a very unexpected origin story gets unveiled.
to be added
- Makandal was a terrorist leader.
- In one scene. Sabbath holds a bloody pig's heart in his hand, echoing his actions in PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street.
- A third comic story in the Faction Paradox series, Creatures of Habit, was planned, but ultimately was derailed when the comic series was cancelled.
- Sabbath, the Mayakai, and Makandal originate from PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street.
- Sabbath mentions "a brothel in the Bay of Bengal that specialises in ritual intercourse... [and says] they can open the veil of the hours". (PROSE: The Adventuress of Henrietta Street)