- This article is about the real-world British Broadcasting Corporation channel. For the network as featured within the fictional Doctor Who universe, see BBC3.
BBC Three is a digital only channel in the United Kingdom. The channel launched in 9 February 2003, but its existence was in fact predicted decades earlier, in the 1972 Doctor Who story The Dæmons, which featured a fictional BBC3 network.
Three was the home network of Doctor Who Confidential and the initial home network of Torchwood and its accompanying series of Torchwood Declassified for the first season (it later moved to BBC Two and BBC One). Torchwood was the first science fiction programme commissioned to broadcast on BBC Three.
Episodes of the BBC Wales produced Doctor Who are also repeated on BBC Three with an optional commentary availible on some services the Sunday after their Saturday transmission. Three also aired special rebroadcasts of the 2009 Specials in advance of David Tennant's final episode and the Series 5 debut.
- Doctor Who Greatest Moments
- Doctor Who: Greatest Monsters & Villains
- Doctor Who: The Ultimate Guide
- Doctor Who Live: The Afterparty