|BBC tv Special Effects Exhibition|
|Features:||Full-sized TARDIS console|
|Location:||Science Museum, Kensington, London|
|Opened on:||December 1972|
|Closed on:||May 1973|
It opened in December 1972. While this, like the earlier 1960s exhibitions, was a BBC TV Special Effects focusing on shows other than Doctor Who, this is one of the first exhibitions to have a significant portion dedicated to Doctor Who.
to be added
Notable elements Edit
- A glass box with a miniature UNIT jeep within showing how the heat barrier effect would work in TV: The Dæmons.
- Two Daleks
- A TARDIS console and some interior TARDIS panels
- Cybermen from The Invasion
- A Draconian Prince
- An Ogron
- An Axon and an Axos model
- A Sea Devil
- Three model spaceships - the Axon from Claws of Axos, the ship of the Ambassadors of Death (An airfix Apollo Saturn rocket painted fluorescent purple) and one other. All on a starscape set into the TARDIS wall.
- Jon Pertwee, Nicholas Courtney and Katy Manning appeared in costume at the Press Launch in December 1972.
- Power cuts, a feature of life in the 1970s effected the display of this exhibition.
- This exhibition was toured. [source needed]
- In May 1973, a smaller version of this exhibition opened at Longleat House.
- The TARDIS console, following the end of the exhibition went to the Doctor Who Exhibition Blackpool and then was moved to the Longleat House exhibition.[source needed]