|Main aliases:||Rose Tyler|
|Species:||Time Vortex-enhanced human|
|Main actor:||Billie Piper|
- You may wish to consult
Bad Wolffor other, similarly-named pages.
Rose Tyler as the Bad Wolf Edit
Newly empowered, she piloted the TARDIS back to the Ninth Doctor. A nimbus of light surrounded her and shone through her eyes. Rose's natural London accent vanished. She also possessed the destructive and creative powers of a goddess, enabling her to destroy an entire Dalek fleet and have an enormous influence over time and space.
While possessed of these gifts, the entity set out to spread the Bad Wolf meme through many worlds and times. In this way, the Ninth Doctor and Rose's past selves would eventually follow the clues that would enable them to defeat the Daleks, creating an ontological paradox in the process. The entity may have also left a similar message in the Doctor's future (TV: Turn Left). The Bad Wolf Entity destroyed the Dalek fleet and all the Daleks on Satellite Five, including the Dalek Emperor. She also altered reality to bring back Jack Harkness from death. (TV: The Parting of the Ways)
Jack would later discover he could apparently no longer die by any means, and it would take him nearly a century and a half of subjective time before he finally learned that she was responsible. (TV: Everything Changes onwards, plus TV: Utopia) As the instigator of Jack's immortality, Bad Wolf was therefore indirectly responsible for the event known as Miracle Day on Earth (TV: The New World, et al).
Rose was unable to hold the power permanently without burning up, and the Doctor restored Rose's human self by absorbing the Vortex energy into his own body, a process that would prove destructive to his cellular structure and so prompt the Doctor's next regeneration. Rose subsequently lost most of her memory of her time as the Bad Wolf, saying that the knowledge had been locked like it was "forbidden", and that trying to repeat it could cause the universe to blow up. (TV: The Parting of the Ways, The Christmas Invasion)
The Bad Wolf entity was incredibly powerful and could destroy an entire Dalek fleet by dividing all the atoms of the ships and the Daleks themselves. It also had the ability to resurrect already dead beings and make them immortal. It could also form a force field to defend itself from Dalek weapons and spread the words "Bad Wolf" to various points in time and space so that Rose and the Doctor would encounter the words which eventually led Rose to becoming the Bad Wolf in the first place. The Bad Wolf stated "I create myself" which was a paradox.
Later References Edit
- Upon her meeting with the werewolf host, that entity noted that Rose also had "something of the wolf" in her. (TV: Tooth and Claw)
- After being captured by Torchwood, the Doctor pretended Jackie Tyler was his companion Rose. He claimed that she had stared into the heart of the time vortex and aged fifty-seven years. She replied "I'm forty!" (TV: Army of Ghosts)
- While on the Valiant, the Master commented to the Doctor how he "once had companions who could absorb the time vortex". (TV: The Sound of Drums/ Last of the Time Lords)
- Exactly how the Master would be aware of this is unclear. Most likely, as demonstrated by the Tenth Doctor maintaining the memories of John Smith(TV:The Family of Blood, he remembered hearing the recounted details of the Tenth Doctor telling Jack Harkness what happened on Satellite Five, when he was still 'trapped' as Professor Yana. (TV: Utopia) It's is also possible, however, that he had accessed the TARDIS' records upon stealing her.
- The Bad Wolf entity was most likely responsible for changing all the banners and signs in the Shan Shen marketplace to read "BAD WOLF", including the sign on the TARDIS. Rose also whispered the words "Bad Wolf" to a dying Donna in an alternate universe. (TV: Turn Left) This warned the Doctor and Donna Noble of the impending danger of Davros and the Daleks. (TV: The Stolen Earth)
- It is unclear whether this message was sent during the time Rose was the Bad Wolf (implying she may have left other future messages for the Doctor), was sent by Rose using technology in Pete's World, or was the Bad Wolf acting independently.