|Main setting:||The Frenko Bazaar|
|Editor:||Denton J. Tipton|
|Writer:||Scott & David Tipton|
|Letterer:||Tom B. Long|
|Printed in:||POT 2|
|Release date:||28 February 2013|
|Reprinted in:||Prisoners of Time Volume 1, Doctor Who Archives: Prisoners of Time|
|Format:||American comic book|
|Prisoners of Time|
|Unnatural Selection||In With the Tide|
Publisher's summary Edit
Our yearlong celebration of Doctor Who's 50th anniversary continues! Oh my giddy aunt! It's time to break out the recorders, as the Second Doctor takes the spotlight in this issue of a 12-part epic adventure featuring all 11 incarnations of the Doctor!
The Second Doctor, Jamie McCrimmon, and Zoe Heriot land the TARDIS in a shop filled with hundreds of police boxes. They learn from a salesman that they are in a police box section of the universal trading post, the Frenko Bazaar, a famous intergalactic trading post, where one could buy "just about anything." The Doctor sees some Voraxx and mentions they are involved in the slave trade.
The Doctor, in an attempt to take down the slave market, places a homing device on Jamie, and follows some Voraxx into Stellar Imports & Exports to gain their attention. A member tells the Doctor that Jamie, coming from the past, was worth a mint. When he says Jamie wasn't for sale, the Voraxx members follow them.
The Voraxx kidnap Jamie, and take him aboard a slaver ship in orbit. Following Jamie's signal, the Doctor and Zoe find the transmat that leads to the ship and find Jamie. They then awaken two Ice Warriors, who started an uprising. The slaves took over the ship under Ice Warrior leadership, forcing the slavers to leave. As the trio teleport back to the shop, the Doctor is shocked to find his companions missing.
- Second Doctor
- Jamie McCrimmon
- Zoe Heriot
- Police box salesman
- Giraffe alien
- The Voraxx
- Ice Warriors
- Slave trader
- A Voord
- White Robots
- The Frenko Bazaar has a section dedicated entirely to police boxes, where the TARDIS lands.
- The hat store in the Frenko Bazaar has multiple hats in the front, including a fez and a Stetson.
- Regula 5 owns a store in the bazaar.
- One of the stores in the Frenko Bazaar is the Babel Fish Aquarium, a reference to Douglas Adams' The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
- Merchants at the slave trade try to pay with Altairian Dollars, Quatloos and Cubits, which are currencies respectively from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Star Trek's The Gamesters of Triskelion and Battlestar Galactica.
- The White Robots appear outside of the Land of Fiction. (TV: The Mind Robber)
- Jamie can very easily manoeuvre through ventilation. (TV: The Two Doctors)
- Zoe mentions T-Mat. (TV: The Seeds of Death)
- Jamie and Zoe wear the same outfits they wore in TV: The Krotons and COMIC: Land of the Blind, the latter of which was also drawn by Lee Sullivan.
- Several of the aliens seen at the Frenko Bazaar are from other stories.
- In a crowd shot, a Voord (TV: The Keys of Marinus), two Raxacoricofallapatorians (TV: Aliens of London/World War Three), Sontaran (TV: The Time Warrior) and what seems to be a miscoloured Sycorax (TV: The Christmas Invasion) can be seen.
- In one panel, a Fishman from Kandalinga, (PROSE: The Fishmen of Kandalinga) an Atlantean (PROSE: The Lost Ones), two Korad and a Mechanistrian (PROSE: Peril in Mechanistria) are all seen shopping. All were introduced in the Doctor Who Annual 1966.
- An Alpha Centauran (TV: The Curse of Peladon) and a Gastropod (TV: The Twin Dilemma) can be seen at the food court.
- Some of the slaves include another Alpha Centauran, another Voord and a Draconian. (TV: Frontier in Space)
- The Doctor later discovered his companions were abducted by Adam Mitchell. (COMIC: Mystery Date)