Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main setting:||Bellannia IV|
|Release date:||16 November 1998|
|Format:||Paperback Book; 12 Chapters, 249 Pages|
|BBC Eighth Doctor Adventures|
|The Janus Conjunction||The Face-Eater|
- You may be looking for the unrelated character.
Publisher's summary Edit
The people of Bellania II see their sun, Bel, shrouded in night for a month following an impossible triple eclipse. When Bel is returned to them a younger, brighter, hotter star, it is the beginning of the end for the entire solar system...
100,000 years later, the Doctor and Sam arrive on Bellania IV, where the population is under threat as disaster looms — immense gravitational and dimensional disturbances are surging through this area of space.
While the time travellers attempt to help the survivors and ease the devastation, a religious suicide-cult leader is determined to spread a new religion through Bel's system — and his word may prove even more dangerous than the terrible forces brought into being by the catastrophic changes in the sun...
to be added
- Eighth Doctor
- Samantha Jones
- Surgeon Major Alesis Conaway
- Father Alexis Denadi
- Eldred Saketh
- Captain Bellis
- Conaway likes opera.
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor mentions, "I was in my early nineties before I could bring myself to admit that I still liked to play with my perigosto stick."
- The Doctor has degrees in psychology and the social dynamics of machine intelligence.
Drugs and medicines Edit
- Sam takes speed.
Foods and beverages Edit
- The Doctor likes chocolates with soft centres.
- Sam doesn't like ham.
- The Doctor requests some Broken Orange Pekoe tea.
- Belannia XXI is too dangerous for colonisation or mining due to the radiation.
- While considering religion, Sam recalls Kyle Dale and Micawber's World (and the Church of the Way Forward's role in all that occurred).
- The Seekers are planet-like beings that live for billions of years and dwell in the depths of Deep Time.
- The Hanakoi built many of the cities on Belannia VIII which are now inhabited by humans.
- Sam gets infected with nanotech and (she believes in some ways) "dies".
- The Doctor uses an emergency button from a sandminer to control a generator for his gramophone.
to be added
- The Doctor wonders if the TARDIS is taking them to planets with odd suns. The previous book PROSE: The Janus Conjunction also featured an odd sun.
- Sam wonders to herself what decompression would be like, despite having gone through it three times in PROSE: Dreamstone Moon.
- Sam recalls the events of PROSE: Placebo Effect.
- Similar nanotechnology also appears in TV: The Doctor Dances.