Opening narration box
When the TARDIS is pulled down to a strange planet the Doctor steps out to investigate...
The TARDIS is drawn to a planet. It settles in a graveyard of other craft. Within minutes the Doctor is shot with a paralysis ray. Major Arn, Cothax and their sample-gathering robot raise the flag of the Mighty Tragellan Empire.
As oil spews into the air, rock men rise from the ground and attack. They throw the Doctor against a rocket. The blow shocks the Doctor awake. He takes a sample and analyses the "oil". The planet is a living organism; the oil is actually blood and the rock men are part of the planet's defence system against attackers like the Tragellans.
The Doctor uses the paralysis gun to seal the wound and melt the rock and soil samples to make a patch like a skin graft. The Tragellans escape. The Doctor is pleased with his patient's recovery but alarmed to find the TARDIS has been taken down into the planet.
to be added
- Supporting the series of collectible Doctor Who trading cards, the magazine carried a regular four page, individually titled comic strip of the Tenth Doctor's adventures.
- The artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine and, as did Doctor Who Adventures, reflected the appeal to readers younger than those catered to by Doctor Who Magazine.
- The Tragellan are reminiscent of the old TV comic creations, the Kleptons.
- The Mighty Tragellan Empire's flag would appear to be an undecorated red flag (as seen on both sides).
- The Tragellan's sleeve on the third page of this strip is uncoloured, the white being quite noticeable.
- It is stated that ships (including the TARDIS and the Tragellan craft) are being drawn to the planet, but it is unclear how the Tragellan craft manages to take off and escape with such ease.
- The Battles in Time comic strip sought to associate its Doctor with the one seen on screen with "props" from the TV series: blue/brown suit, intelligent-looking glasses, sonic screwdriver and psychic paper.
Original print details
- 1/4 DWBIT 12 (4 pages) TO BE CONTINUED!!!
- No reprints to date.
to be added