Benedict Timothy Carlton Cumberbatch (born 19 July 1976) played Howard Carter as well as an unnamed thing in the Big Finish Doctor Who audio story Forty-Five. His likeness as Sherlock also appeared alongside Peter Capaldi as the Twelfth Doctor in the Sprout Boy meets a Galaxy of Stars.
Cumberbatch was rumoured to have turned down an offer to be the Eleventh Doctor. He denied the rumour, claiming never to have been offered the role. Steven Moffat has also stated that he will not be in line for the role. Cumberbatch later worked with Who writers Steven Moffat, Mark Gatiss and Steve Thompson on their television show, Sherlock, in which he played Sherlock Holmes.
In the DWU Edit
- Internet Movie Database at the
- Benedict Cumberbatch at Marvel Database
- Benedict Cumberbatch at Memory Alpha, the Star Trek canon wiki
- ↑ Benedict Cumberbatch. TVGuide.com. Retrieved on 30 October 2015.
- ↑ http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1298040/New-Sherlock-Holmes-Benedict-Cumberbatch-turns-Doctor-Who-role.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
- ↑ http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2010/08/20/sherlock-star-benedict-cumberbatch-wouldn-t-fancy-being-doctor-who-115875-22500295/
- ↑ http://http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/matt-smith-plays-down-benedict-cumberbatch-doctor/261402/