a real world point of view
|Bite of the Morphuse!|
|Main setting:||Detroit 1970|
|Publisher:||Immediate Media Company London Limited|
|Release date:||11 October 2012|
|Format:||Comic - 1 part (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
Now travelling alone, the Doctor arrives in Detroit, 1970 for an Elvis Presley comeback gig but finds the streets away from the venue surprisingly quiet. While the Doctor searches for a chicken dinner he finds himself on the menu by a gang of Morphused who led by Zof'lya. Able to recognise a Time Lord from their files, he is a delicacy they thought they'd never get the chance to taste. The Doctor flees them hidding in the crowds of the comeback show the Doctor makes his way backsatge to 'Elvis' where, after securing the door with his sonic, the Doctor asks Elvis (aka an old friend Derek) for assistance. Embarrassed at being found out by the Doctor Derek doesn't want to be anyones dessert so agrees to contact his ship. As the Morphuse break down the dressing room door they are teleported aboard Derek's spaceship tour bus and held in what used to be a cage for Drashigs. Safely contained the Doctor leaves Derek charged with dropping them off on a planet "where only cabbages grow!"
Named Characters Edit
- The Morphuse can identify a Time Lord from their files - and not necessarily through a sence of smell.
- Unusually for the comic strip adventures, the Doctor doesn't take the aliens home in the TARDIS.
- This is the first Eleventh Doctor DWA comic story not to feature Amy Pond.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 290 (4 pages) DON’T MISS ANOTHER NEW ADVENTURE NEXT TIME!
- No reprints to date.
- The Drashigs were a vicious species encountered in Carnival of Monsters.
- That the Morphuse believed Time Lords were a lost delicacy places events after the Time War and the destruction of Gallifrey.