|Main enemy:||Apocalypse Device|
|Letterer:||no credit given|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Weekly 35-38|
|Release date:||12 June-3 July 1980|
|Format:||B&W 4 parts / 8 pages|
|DWM backup comic stories|
|Yonder... The Yeti||Business as Usual|
Cyberleader Maxel leads a party to the dead world of Goth in search of a weapon that wiped out an entire civilisation overnight. As they explore the war museum, they are watched by the Apocalypse Device, a synthetic creature carrying every conceivable disease and virus. The Cybermen are wiped out by telepathic nightmares and a lethal rust-like virus. Maxel realises the only reason for his survival is so he can take the Apocalypse Device off the planet. He destroys his ship and himself, leaving the Device trapped on the planet, until a Sontaran craft arrives...
to be added
- This is one of five collaborations between writer Alan Moore and illustrator David Lloyd, who would later create the graphic novel V for Vendetta.
- This back up strip story was introduced and tailed by the Fourth Doctor as if recounting a story.
- The story portrays the Cybermen as un-characteristically human in their thinking and speech patterns.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWM 35 (2) To be Continued ...
- DWM 36 (2) To be Continued ...
- DWM 37 (2) To be Continued ...
- DWM 38 (2) The End ?
- Coloured and reprinted by Marvel in DW84 14
to be added