|Black Sun Rising|
|Main enemy:||Sontaran, Order of the Black Sun|
|Letterer:||no credit given|
|Printed in:||Doctor Who Magazine 57|
|Release date:||October 1981|
|Format:||B&W 1 part / 4 pages|
|DWM backup comic stories|
|The Greatest Gamble||Skywatch-7|
Delicate trade negotiations for uranium are taking place on Desrault with Lady Rema-Du of Gallifrey accompanied by her escorts Wardog, Cobweb, Millenium and Zeitgeist (the Special Executive), as well as the Order of the Black Sun and the Sontarans. Jealous of the relationship that develops between Lady Rema-Du and Lord Adamath (Black Sun representative for the Rigel sector), the Sontaran uses a psy-snare on Millenium which turns her into an assassin. Millenium attacks the Black Sun leader and accelerating the body of the latter into dust. Wardog kills Millenium, but as the Sontaran prepares to leave the other two sides as enemies, he hadn't anticipated Wardog's sudden appearance to return the psy-snare to him personally, uniting the Gallifreyans and the Order to fight the Sontarans together.
- Lady Rema-Du
- Lord Adamath
- Brilox - The Sontaran Ambassador
- Black Sun Elder
to be added
- This is one of five collaborations between writer Alan Moore and illustrator David Lloyd, who would go on to create the graphic novel V for Vendetta.
- In 2012, Lawrence Miles said, "Alan Moore's back-up strips were an obvious influence on both Marc Platt's view of ye olde Gallifrey and my view of its future."
- This story, along with the comic stories Star Death and 4-D War, takes place during the Black Sun War.
Original print details Edit
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWM 57 (4) End
Reprinted by Marvel in The Daredevils issue 7.
to be added