|Main enemy:||Book Monsters|
|Main setting:||The Library|
|Printed in:||DWA 164|
|Release date:||29 April 2010|
|Format:||Comic - 1 parts (4 pages)|
|DWA comic stories|
|Winning Hand||Bad Vibrations|
A few hundred years late to return his library books, the Eleventh Doctor and Amy find the library fully stocked, but abandoned and derelict. They inadvertently wake a Book Monster (a creature made up of books). The creature is hungry and as books are thrown around, more of the Book Monsters start to form.
Asking himself what books would eat, the Doctor decides to try offering the Book Monster a story. He starts telling the book monsters of Amy’ and his visit to the planet of Sky-Sheep…
The monsters stop and listen as Amy continues the story, telling of how a pack of Space Wolves turn up and armed with guns, start to attack the peaceful rainbow-coloured sheep. Amy passes the story over to the Book Monsters to continue. The story is continued by the Book Monsters in superhero style, with the rescue of the Doctor, Amy and the Sky-Sheep. Leaving the Book Monsters to continue feeding their own minds the Doctor and Amy return to the TARDIS.
to be added
- The Doctor says that that is not how the story as the Sky-Sheep being attacked by the Space Wolves ended. The implication is that this mini-adventure did actually occur.
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 164 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK – Bad Vibrations!
to be added