- You may be looking for the Eleventh Doctor novel of the same name.
The Doctor answers a distress call from Irene, an elderly lady living on her own on the mini-moon of Delphi. Landing nearby, the Doctor has to cut his way through the jungle with a grass cutter from the TARDIS, fending off the man-eating alien weeds that have infested the place.
In a large greenhouse the Doctor finally finds Irene, but she is not interested in leaving her home. Instead she wants the Doctor to take her plant, a Pink Cichorium, the last of its kind in the universe, to a safe place. The Doctor agrees that a thing of beauty should be preserved as long as possible. Leaving her behind to fight the weeds with tanks of weedkiller strapped to her back, he takes the plant to a new home in the fields of Centauri-Beta.
to be added
- The DWA comic strip adventures were aimed at a younger audience and the artwork and colours were bold and bright, reflecting the tone of the magazine.
- Self contained, one part stories were the norm.
Original print details
- Publication with page count and closing captions
- DWA 158 (4 pages) NEXT WEEK What happened next for Heather and Wolfie?
to be added