- You may be looking for the comic story.
Borrowed Time was the twelfth Eleventh Doctor novel released.
Publisher's summary Edit
"You want more time Mr Brown, of course you do. We all want more time. Let me make you an offer..."
Andrew Brown never has enough time. No time to call his sister, or to prepare for that important presentation at the bank where he works. The train's late, the lift jams. If only he'd had just a little more time. And time is the business of Mr Symington and Mr Blenkinsop. They'll lend him some – at a very reasonable rate of interest.
Detecting a problem, the Doctor, Amy and Rory go undercover at the bank. But they have to move fast to stop Symington and Blenkinsop before they cash in their investments.
- Eleventh Doctor
- Amy Pond
- Rory Williams
- Andrew Brown
- Mr Symington
- Mr Blenkinsop
- Nadia Montgomery
- Vanessa Laing-Rabdall
- Sameera Jenkins
- Jane Blythe
- Brian Edelman
- Dan Logovik
- Earth is referred to as "the most frequently attacked, colonised, exploited and enslaved planet in the Five Galaxies".
- In the aftermath of Symington and Blenkinsop's defeat, the cleanup at the bank is taken care of by UNIT and Torchwood.
- The Millenium Dome is being used as a secret self-storage depot for intergalactic travellers called "Little Green Storage", under the auspices of a small alien called the Yomalet-Ram.
- The Doctor gives twenty years of his own lifetime to settle the debt Amy incurred on her Time Harvester.
- This story was also released as an ebook available from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor mentions the Mandragora Helix, suggesting that a temporal flux caused by it was responsible for the death of renaissance nobleman Piero de Medici. (TV: The Masque of Mandragora)
- The Doctor mentions Word War Six. (TV: The Talons of Weng-Chiang)
- The Doctor mentions needing to keep a diary again. The Second Doctor previously used a dairy when he first regenerated (TV: The Power of the Daleks) and the Eighth Doctor also had one. (TV: Doctor Who)
- The Doctor encounters a group of robots attempting to assemble a TARDIS console using a burned book, which could possibly be the Doctor's TARDIS manual, recovered from the supernova he claimed to have thrown it in. (TV: Amy's Choice)
- UNIT is mentioned. (TV: Aliens of London)
- The Doctor is referred to as the "Raggedy Doctor". (TV: The Eleventh Hour, et al)
- When Amy borrows time, she visits her parents. (TV: The Big Bang)
- The Doctor mentions having faced Ghengis Kahn; (PROSE: Blood Harvest, TV: Rose)
Audio release Edit
- The story was released as an audiobook download read by Meera Syal and was available from the AudioGo website before the company went into administration.