a real world point of view
- You may be looking for the network as featured within the Doctor Who universe.
The British Broadcasting Corporation is the dominant television and radio broadcast entity in the United Kingdom. Currently, the BBC operates. multiple TV networks and radio stations, many of which have broadcasted Doctor Who-related content over the years.
Other BBC channels
- BBC Two
- BBC Three - initial home network of Torchwood and Doctor Who Confidential.
- BBC Four - Has shown a number of repeats, including The Hand of Fear
- CBBC - Children's network; broadcaster of The Sarah Jane Adventures.
- BBC Radio
- BBC Radio 7 - current broadcaster of an ongoing series of Eighth Doctor audio adventures.
The BBC has also branched out into other media, including BBC Audio which has issued a number of soundtrack recordings from the series, as well as original audio dramas, BBC Video, which has issued episodes and documentaries to the home video market, and BBC Books, which has published original Doctor Who fiction since 1996.
BBC Worldwide is a branch of the BBC that oversees syndication of programmes such as Doctor Who, as well as overseas production ventures.
The BBC is also connected to several North American cable networks that air Who-franchise programming, including BBC America (United States) and BBC Kids (Canada), although these broadcasters are not considered to be directly part of the parent BBC.