- You may be looking for Broken (comic story).
Broken was the eleventh story in the Torchwood audio series by Big Finish Productions. It was written by Joseph Lidster and featured John Barrowman as Jack Harkness and Gareth David-Lloyd as Ianto Jones.
Publisher's summary Edit
Whenever Ianto Jones has a tough day at work, he has somewhere he can hide. And, for Ianto Jones, it's always a tough day at work.
His girlfriend is dead, his colleagues don't trust him, and his boss... his boss is something else. With no friends in the world, and his life in danger every day, is it any wonder that at night, Ianto Jones goes to the pub?
to be added
- Captain Jack Harkness - John Barrowman
- Ianto Jones - Gareth David-Lloyd
- Mandy Aibiston - Melanie Walters
- Glenda - Eiry Thomas
- The Saviour - Ross Ford
- The Ferret is located in Radyr, Cardiff.
- Jack and Ianto catch a Weevil at Garth Hill.
- Jack recounts seeing a "saviour" being charged with the trading of sentient beings as slaves by the Shadow Proclamation.
- This story was intended to tell the emotional journey of Ianto between Cyberwoman and They Keep Killing Suzie, and how he went from hating Jack to being in a relationship with him. (DWM 501)
- Joseph Lidster wrote it as if it were "Episode 7A" of Series 1 of the televised Torchwood. In particular, Lidster made sure that the details of Ianto Jones and Jack Harkness' first meeting in Cardiff were only hinted at to be "later" elaborated on in the television series. (VOR 90)
- The Fall of Canary Wharf is discussed by Jack and Ianto as well as Ianto's return to Cardiff. (TV: Army of Ghosts/Doomsday, Fragments)
- Ianto first wandered into The Ferret shortly after his girlfriend Lisa died. (TV: Cyberwoman)
- Jack catches up with Estelle Cole. (TV: Small Worlds)
- The night after the Torchwood team investigated the cannibals in Brynblaidd, Ianto attempted suicide. (TV: Countrycide)
- Jack first came into The Ferret the night after he killed Tosh's girlfriend Mary. (TV: Greeks Bearing Gifts)
- Ianto's mum mentions his sister Rhiannon. (TV: Children of Earth)
- The Saviour shows his victims an image of the planet Heaven. (PROSE: Love and War)
- Ianto and Jack encounter something look like puppets in Millennium Centre. When Ianto asked what they are, Jack simply said they tried before (AUDIO: The Scorchies, Encore of the Scorchies) and will try again. (AUDIO: Comeback of the Scorchies)
- Jack mentions a friend of his who left him to die. (TV: The Parting of the Ways)
- Ianto's London flatmate, Soren, is mentioned. (AUDIO: Through the Ruins)