|Brotherhood of the Daleks|
|Main setting:||An unnamed planetoid, the Antares Galaxy|
|Publisher:||Big Finish Productions|
|Post production:||Steve Foxon|
|Cover by:||Alex Mallinson|
|Release date:||October 2008|
|Format:||4 Episodes on 2 CDs|
|Big Finish Doctor Who audio stories|
|A Perfect World||Forty-five|
Brotherhood of the Daleks was the one hundred and fourteenth monthly Doctor Who audio story produced by Big Finish Productions. It was the third audio story to feature the Sixth Doctor and Charlotte Pollard line-up of Doctor and companion.
Publisher's summary Edit
The TARDIS makes a return trip to the jungle planet of Spiridon, when the Sixth Doctor and Charley fall in with a lost platoon of shellshocked Thal soldiers — victims of a sneak attack by their blood enemies, the Daleks.
Besieged by deadly flora, surrounded by invisible monsters, and with all hope of rescue gone, the Thals are the victims of a grim experiment in psychological warfare.
With the very nature of reality under threat, the Doctor and Charley need each other more than ever. But dark forces are conspiring to tear them apart...
to be added
- The Doctor - Colin Baker
- Charley Pollard - India Fisher
- Murgat - Michael Cochrane
- Tamarus - Harriet Kershaw
- Valion - Derek Carlyle
- Nyaiad - Jo Castleton
- Jesic - Alison Thea-Skot
- Septal - Steve Hansell
- The Daleks - Nicholas Briggs
- In an hallucination/dream state a Black Dalek makes an appearance.
- Dalekanium is mentioned as the alloy the Daleks' casing is constructed of.
- Charley coins the phrase Thaleks — Daleks that believe they are Thals.
- There is a Red Dalek present amongst the Thaleks.
- Murgat's Brotherhood Daleks have the star of Lenin on their casings.
The Doctor Edit
- The Doctor claims that he is a botanist named Doctor Brown.
- Charley mentions having seen her Doctor die in the year 500002.
- The Doctor has not met Sigmund Freud yet.
- The Doctor has met Karl Marx and Robert Peary.
- The Doctor initially thinks that he and Charley have landed on the planet Spiridon, which is in the ninth system of "a far away galaxy," later called the "ninth galaxy" and later the "galaxy of Antares."
- The Thal homeworld is New Davius.
- The Doctor and Charley encounter the Thals.
Theories and concepts Edit
- Charley mentions the Web of Time while the replicant version of the Doctor mentions the Laws of Time.
- The Daleks' movement throughout this audio has a noise similar to that used in the BBC Wales revived series.
- This audio drama was recorded on 23 and 24 June 2008 at The Moat Studios.
- An illustrated preview by Brian Williamson appeared in DWM 401.
- The Robot Doctor from The Chase is seemingly retconned into being a Dalek duplicate, which are presumably genetically engineered clones.
- This story also makes a definite distinction between the Supreme Dalek and the Black Dalek.
- Charley recalls that rosemary counteracted the effect of the Grel particles in England in 1738. (AUDIO: The Doomwood Curse)
- The Doctor was previously on the real Spiridon in TV: Planet of the Daleks, and returned to the planet in COMIC: Emperor of the Daleks! and AUDIO: Return of the Daleks. The simulation also includes sponge-plants. Spiridons are mentioned.
- Charley previously encountered the Daleks twice during her travels with the Eighth Doctor. (AUDIO: The Time of the Daleks; Terror Firma)
- Nyaiad recalls meeting Charley in Folkestone. (AUDIO: Terror Firma)
- Charley mentions having seen her Doctor die in the year 500002. (AUDIO: The Girl Who Never Was)
- The Thals/Thaleks refer to the Doctor as 'Doctor of TARDIS', a name used by the Doctor in TV: Tooth and Claw.
- The Doctor previously encountered the dream/mind altering kyropite plants and their symbiotic partners, the Jekylls, in AUDIO: The Mind's Eye.
- Charley recalls her first meeting with the Eighth Doctor in her personal timeline, which occurred on the British airship R101 on 5 October 1930 (AUDIO: Storm Warning), the Daleks (AUDIO: The Time of the Daleks) and their creator Davros (AUDIO: Terror Firma).
- Temmosus, Ganatus and Dyoni are considered great heroes of the Thal people. (TV: The Daleks)
- The Doctor mentions the Krynoids (TV: The Seeds of Doom) and the Dalek replicants (TV: The Chase, TV: Resurrection of the Daleks).
- Charley mentions that the Doctor has met Sigmund Freud. When he denies this, she realises that this encounter has not yet happened in his personal timeline. (TV: Doctor Who, AUDIO: The Girl Who Never Was)
- Official Brotherhood of the Daleks page at bigfinish.com
- Brotherhood of the Daleks at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- DisContinuity for Brotherhood of the Daleks at Tetrapyriarbus - The DisContinuity Guide