Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Main setting:||Russia, the 13th century|
|Release date:||5 February 2001|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 34 Chapters, 288 Pages|
|BBC Past Doctor Adventures|
|The Quantum Archangel||Rags|
Publisher's summary Edit
There are many beasts and monsters in the universe, it is true. But the worst of them is Man.
A terrifying alien army is sweeping across the landscape, decimating towns and subjugating everyone and everything in its path. With their astute military tactics and advanced weaponry, the invaders seem unstoppable.
But this is no distant star, no alternate timeline. Trapped in a frightened city, the Doctor and his companions discover that this is Earth history, and they are powerless to intervene. The impending slaughter of thousands is a matter of grim historical fact.
Not everyone within the city is prepared to accept their fate. Desperate people embark upon desperate courses of action. They may even succeed.
For, deep beneath the city, something truly alien is stirring...
to be added
- First Doctor
- Steven Taylor
- Dodo Chaplet
- Mongke Khan
- Batu Khan
- Ogedei Khan
- Abd N-Nun Ayyub
- The Doctor notes that Vladimir the Great was made a saint mostly for political reasons.
- This book is also available as an ebook and from the Amazon Kindle store.
- The Doctor twice mentions the Monk and his attitude towards changing history. (TV: The Time Meddler)
- Steven recalls his argument with the Doctor after their escape from Paris during the St Bartholomew's Day massacre on 24 August 1572. His opinion has not changed. (TV: The Massacre of St Bartholomew's Eve)
- The Doctor says he shall have to one day tell Dodo about his encounter with Marco Polo and Kublai Khan. (TV: Marco Polo)