|Main enemy:||Garon, Avron Jelks|
|Main setting:||Dramos Port Habitat, 3174|
|Release date:||16 January 1997|
|Format:||Paperback Book, 245 Pages|
|Virgin Missing Adventures|
|Cold Fusion||A Device of Death|
Burning Heart was the thirtieth novel in the Virgin Missing Adventures series. It was written by Dave Stone. It featured the Sixth Doctor and Peri Brown. The novel takes place sometime after Vengeance on Varos.
- There's a god in the machine — and the god is insane.
In the self-contained Habitat on Dramos, things are getting out of control. Twenty million humans and aliens are at each other's throats, the lid barely held on by the Church of Adjudication, who through their OBERON systems wield absolute power. And we all know what absolute power does.
Other things have been corrupted too. People, human and alien alike, are changing - mutating into something that, if left unchecked, could consume their entire enclosed world.
Arriving in this disintegrating cosmopolitan society, Peri falls in with the charismatic leader of Human First, a movement dedicated to bringing order out of chaos. Meanwhile, the Sixth Doctor is powerless, imprisoned and put to the Inquisition by a church that really thinks its God is coming back.
If somebody doesn't do something, and do it soon, nobody's getting out alive.
to be added
- Sixth Doctor
- Peri Brown
- Avron Jelks
- High Churchman Garon
- Joseph Craator
- Nadia Chong
- Queegvogel Duck Duck Duck Duck Duck Duck Seven
- Ice Warrior
- Piglet People
to be added
- Peri recalls the Doctor's most recent regeneration (TV: The Caves of Androzani) and his resigned attitude towards the TARDIS stalling. (TV: Vengeance on Varos).
- Burning Heart at the Doctor Who Reference Guide
- The Discontinuity Guide to: Burning Heart at The Whoniverse
- The Cloister Library: Burning Heart